Associate Dean, Nursing (School of Health, Physical Education and
Academic Admin - John Adams
John Adams Campus
Ocean Campus and John Adams Campus
Salary (Applicant View)
Compensation: The salary range for the position is competitive and
based on related experience.
Administrative - Associate Dean
Full Time/Part Time
Funded by the Strong Workforce Program (SWP) and focused on a
five-year time frame, the successful candidate hired for this
position will be offered a one-year categorical position, with the
opportunity for annual renewal.
Under the direction of the Dean of Health, PE, and Social Services
and John Adams Campus, the incumbent provides leadership,
innovation and planning. The Director assures the program meets the
standards of the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), the Education
Code of the State of California, and the provisions of the Nursing
1. Assess, evaluate, revise and maintain standards and policies for
the nursing program.
2. Serves as the Registered Nursing Program Director to the Board
of Registered Nursing.
3. Serves as lead accreditation officer for the nursing program.
Responsible for maintaining successful nursing program
4. Supervises and collaborates with the Registered Nursing
department chair, faculty, and staff, in coordination with the
5. Responsible for facilitating the achievement of annual
objectives that guide effective planning, program management, and
6. Supports transition and any physical relocation of the Nursing
7. At the direction of the Dean, and in consultation with the
chair, leads area meetings and works directly with employers,
associations, and community-based organizations to strengthen field
partnerships and clinical agreements.
8. Supports an innovative culture, focused on culturally
responsive, inclusive, and anti-racist practices as they relate to
student success; completion of college awards, degrees, and
transfer; an awareness of student equity gaps; and facilitates
opportunities for professional development for the faculty and
9. Ensures regulatory reports are submitted for the program
supervised in a timely manner. Ensures college readiness on
self-study accreditation reports for the BRN through close working
relationships with the department chair and faculty.
10. Maintains official area records while providing required
documents to BRN.
11. Develops, updates, and assures regular training through the
chair by use of standardized department and area "handbooks of
practice" so that the department holds common practices that align
with the profession, college policy, AFT contract, and CCSF Faculty
12. Oversees and facilitates communication for an LVN to ADN to BSN
pathway. Engages in a holistic and inclusive discussion in the
planning and design of this effort to include students, discipline
faculty, counselors, staff, and employers.
13. Works with chair and faculty in setting priorities for resource
needs; pursues grants and external funding to program goals.
14. Supervises timely reviews of all contracts for compliance;
assists chairs in negotiating with agencies utilized for clinical
15. Initiates and develops institutional relationships with area
health providers in collaboration with the department chair and
16. Supports department chair in ensuring program and area
facilities and skills labs are functional, current, and utilized
17. Participates in, promotes, and/or arranges for student and
faculty participation in community projects such as health fairs,
and career fairs, among others in collaboration with the Associate
Dean of Workforce.
18. Coordinates required advisory committee meetings.
19. In consultation with the department chair, presents information
about nursing programs to community groups and participates in
associated workshops and professional meetings.
20. In collaboration with the department chair, communicates with
Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN) programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and
innovation; accreditation self-evaluation and service on an
accreditation evaluation team; and managing the nursing
• Demonstrated leadership and experience in higher education.
• Experience in the development and management of budgets.
• Knowledge of experience in Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
design, development, implementation, and assessment.
• Community College or similar higher education faculty
• Experience in working with college governance groups in a
collective bargaining environment.
• Understands and promotes the role and use of technology in the
• Knowledge of State and Federal codes, statutes, and regulations
that govern California.
• Understanding of nursing certifications and requirements for
faculty, staff, and students.
• Ability to interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations,
policies, and procedures.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other
members of the CCSF community.
• Has thorough knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act of California
with special attention to qualifications of faculty, curriculum
requirements, criteria for facility utilization, procedures for
filing applications for the licensure examination, and forms for
reporting required information.
• Demonstrated experience, commitment, and knowledge of inequities
in higher education and rectifying policies and processes that
restrict access for minoritized students.
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with
community college students with disabilities, various sexual
orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and
ethnic backgrounds (Required).
2. Possess a Master's degree with an emphasis or major in Nursing;
or possess a master's or higher degree from an accredited college
or university which includes course work in nursing, education or
3. Must meet the following:
a. One-year experience as an administrator with validated
performance of administrative responsibilities and authority to
administer programs and coordinate activities such as developing,
implementing, and managing a nursing program including its fiscal
b. Minimum of two (2) years' experience teaching in a pre-or
post-licensure registered nursing program that includes clinical
experience in a state approved school;
c. One (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent
experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse (BRN
d. Equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the
e. Hold a clear and active license as a registered nurse
f. Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of diverse
academic, socioeconomic, culture, gender, sexual orientation,
disability, and ethnic/racial backgrounds of culture, gender,
sexual orientation, disability, and ethnic/racial backgrounds of
community college students.
[If you would like to claim equivalency, the Administrative
Equivalency Application Form is available on the left side margin.
This form will be considered as part of the application materials
and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated
on this job posting.]
1. Three years' experience as an administrator with validated
performance of administrative responsibilities consistent with a
registered nursing education program, associate and/or
baccalaureate and post-licensure RN program; OR three years'
experience as the registered nurse administrator of a hospital
professional nursing education services program.
2. Direct responsibility for administrative decision-making process
of the educational program including budgeting, employing,
delegating assignments, planning, evaluating, and aligning programs
and resources into a pathway model.
3. Demonstrated success in California health program resource
development and grants acquisition and management.
Choice of several health plans, plus $50,000 Group Life Insurance
and Dental Care Plan.
New employees hired on or after January 1, 2014 will contribute 2%
of salary to the San Francisco Retiree Health Care Trust Fund
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online
Application for Administrative Position at http://jobs.ccsf.edu
. To be considered a
candidate for this posting, the following materials must be
submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or
before 11:59 p.m. of the posting filing deadline. Substitution of
required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to other
departments. The Human Resources Department is not responsible for
any documents addressed and/or sent to other departments.
1. A detailed letter expressing interest in the position,
indicating specifically how the minimum qualifications and as many
as possible of the desirable qualifications will be fulfilled.
Minimum and desirable qualifications are listed in this posting.
The letter should also address the applicant's background and
skills in the areas stated in the Examples of Duties.
2. A current resume summarizing educational and administrative
background and experience.
3. A City College of San Francisco Electronic Administrative
Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific
posting online. The statement "See Resume" is not acceptable.
4. A current list of five (5) references with names, addresses,
telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses that include: faculty,
classified and/or support staff, an administrator, supervisor, and
a colleague of managerial, supervisory ranking. (If you are among
the final candidates, references will be contacted. The District
may also contact other references not on your list, only if you are
among the final candidates.)
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed
on applicant's CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and
actual verification of work experience will be required at a later
date. [NOTE: Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be
considered in the application process. Foreign degree(s) must be
evaluated before an application can be processed. Foreign Degree
Evaluation sources information is located on the left side
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest,
submit a concise response to relate several of your experiences or
your involvement in circumstances or environments which strongly
affected your understanding of and ability to function in a diverse
community comprised of students and colleagues from varying
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientations,
disabilities, and ethnicities.
7. Copy of current California Registered Nursing License.
Applicant: Please use the "Copy of Applicable License(s)" link to
upload your license.
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all
application materials are complete when submitted and are received
by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the posting
filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not
acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
All materials become the property of the City College of San
Francisco, and will not be returned. Application files for this
posting will not be considered for other postings.
For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department
at (415) 452-7660.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in
this hiring process should contact the Title 5/EEO/ADA Compliance
Officer, Mildred Otis at (415) 452-5103 to make the necessary
arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered
disability under the ADA may be required.
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all
required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources
Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the
initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A
reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as
best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for
a personal interview with the Search Committee. An additional
interview will be offered to applicants who are advanced beyond the
As approved by the governing Board of the San Francisco Community
College District, beginning October 1, 2021, City College of San
Francisco requires that new and current employees, students, and
business partners participate in the Covid Safety Campaign. All
parties entering CCSF facilities must demonstrate proof of covid
vaccination in compliance with current CDC and SFDPH guidelines.
New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a
CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment
which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC
87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their
legal right to work in the United States.
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole
discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time
without prior notice.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide
all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities
regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group
identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status,
medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era
veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian,
gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District
program or activity. For further information, contact the Title
5/EEO/ADA Compliance Officer, Mildred Otis at (415) 452-5103.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Edith Kaeuper, Dean
School of John Adams Campus, Allied Health, & Nursing
1. Letter of Interest
3. List of References
5. Diversity Statement
6. Copy of Applicable License(s)
1. Transcript(s) - additional
2. California Community College Credentials
3. Equivalency Application Form
4. Foreign Degree Evaluation
To apply: https://jobs.ccsf.edu/postings/5377