Enrollment Services Assistant
Internal Position Title:
: Adult Education Testing
The Enrollment Services Assistant*
, under the
supervision of the Enrollment Services Specialist conducts intake,
testing, new student orientation, registration and placement of
students in appropriate Adult Education classes. In addition, the
Enrollment Services Assistant enters information into the adult
education data systems, provides reports as requested, and other
duties as assigned.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- Associate Degree
- Experience with diverse populations.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Spanish.
- Proficient in computer software programs for data entry and
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Experience working with limited English proficient adults.
- Speaking skills in other foreign languages.
- Good organizational, communication and customer service
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This position is for the
Grayslake campus and often requires travel to Lakeshore, Southlake,
and other community sites.This is a grant funded position;
continued employment in this position is based on external funding
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., some Saturdays
required.Up to 24 hours per week.
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Department Operations: 27%
1) Works with the business and admissions offices to correct
changes and/or holds.
2) Scans the test forms for upload into the Basic Skill test
instrument database (e.g., TopsPro).
3) Checks the database if all test scores for the students were
read by the scanner and transferred to the test to the test
4) Manages the laptop and hotspot checkout process including
keeping track of equipment inventory.
5) Enters application, enrollment, and test results data into the
DAISI and PeopleSoft database.
6) Prepares and compiles test forms and booklets for post-testing
in the classroom and at the community sites.
7) Conducts New Student Orientations and works with advisors to
facilitate student enrollment.
8) Works outreach and recruitment events as needed.
9) Calls students to help them enroll and support program overall
10) Organizes and maintains all testing materials and files.
11) Schedules students for test sessions in STARS.
12) Organizes and maintains all records of requests for assistance
during the intake process.
13) Provides Instructors with requested reports(e.g. test
14) Assists the Lake County Job Center on testing their
15) Directs students to the appropriate department for
16) Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer Service: 70%
1) Provides daily intake and testing services by responding to
student inquiries on the phone, in-person, via email, and virtual
2) Assists students in completing applications and other enrollment
and testing forms.
3) Proctors the pre and post tests adhering to the policies and
procedures of the state ICCB and Basic Skills test instrument
(e.g., CASAS, TABE).
4) Collaborates with the advisors for the proper course and NRS
placement of students.
5) Assists students in registering for classes during priority and
6) Provides One Stop services at the Enrollment Services Center and
community sites as assigned by the Operations and Compliance
7) Communicates and facilitates the understanding of the college’s
testing and registration process for Adult Education classes.
8) Provides all enrollment services via web conferencing
9) Assists with recruitment efforts during registration.
10) Assists students with holds.
11) Provides technology support to students and instructors in
12) Assists students with CLC log-in credentials.
13) Assists students with CLC password resets.
14) Assists students with Canvas.
15) Assists instructors with student questions.
16) Provides assistance to students with web-conferencing
17) Provides assistance to students seeking services outside of the
College(e.g legal services).
18) Provides laptop and hotspot assistance to students and
19) Performs other duties as assigned.
Project Leadership: 1%
1) Update point of service survey
2) Develop and maintain laptop/hotspot checkout process.
1) Develop new literature for enrollment services
2) Travel to community sites at least 20%
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20689