House Manager (Part-time, Variable Hour)
- University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jun 23, 2022
House Managers are the welcoming face to the Touhill Performing Arts Center, creating the public atmosphere for guests – whether they have come to see a Broadway tour or participate in a Town Hall meeting.
All House Managers will, based on competency, be asked to work on a variety of tasks. These tasks are based on experience and job level; tasks may include but are not limited to:
* Setting up and running assigned events or assisting the Lead House Manager on larger events either in the Anheuser-Busch Performance Hall or Lee Theater, or in other venues as directed.
* Making all preparations for the arrival of patrons.
* Receiving assigned volunteer and student ushers and ensuring they are informed and prepared for the event.
* Enforcing Touhill policies regarding proper theater decorum, seating issues, and safety protocols while maintaining a welcoming and friendly demeanor.
* Solving patron service issues including ticketing/seating problems and disruptive patrons.
* Releasing volunteer and student ushers post-show, securing front-of-house and theater doors, accounting for lost-and-found, and remaining vigilant until all patrons have safely exited.
* The House Manager will also, at times, interact with other Touhill PAC staff members including, but not limited to, the Ticket Office, Production Services, and custodians, as well as possible interaction with other UMSL departments such as Campus Police or Facilities and Maintenance.
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends. Must be comfortable working in fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Must attend and engage in training sessions as assigned.
* May serve as trainer of subordinate positions.
* May assist Patron Services Manager with recommendations to scheduling, staffing, and/or patron issues.
* May contribute recommendations for policy and procedural changes to Patron Services Manager.
* Will evaluate event success with an eye toward customer service.
All House Management staff are representatives of the Touhill Performing Arts Center and employees of the University of Missouri Saint Louis. When working, all House Management staff are expected to comport themselves in a professional manner in keeping with the core values of both the University of Missouri Saint Louis and the Touhill Performing Arts Center..
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The University will not sponsor applicants for this position for employment visas.
Hours are variable
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
Hiring Range: $15.65 - $19.76 hourly
Grade Level: 005
University Title: House Manager
High school diploma or equivalent and some work experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
* Ability to work long and unusual hours, including late at night.
* Willingness to work hard and take direction.
* Experience in front-of-house operations in a theater, arena, or other performance venue setting.
* Problem solving skills.
* Good communication skills and customer service experience.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert