The Administrative Assistant of Practice Experiences works directly
with the Coordinator of Clinical Education, School of Nursing
(SON), and Director of Experiential Education, School of Pharmacy
(SOP). This position is responsible for organizing practice
experiences (i.e., clinicals, rotations, experiential experiences,
fieldwork experiences) and placements for COHP academic programs.
The Administrative Assistant will manage these placements, track
requirements, and manage agreements to ensure execution and
delivery of quality clinical/experiential education for student
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
- Utilize sound data management techniques to input, manage, and
extract data while completing projects while serving the needs of
individual stakeholders (including but not limited to APPE, IPPE,
Fieldwork experiences, clinicals, etc.).
- Organize and maintain data sets and documentation (including
but not limited to site Affiliation Agreements, Preceptor
Agreements, Accreditation documentation, student and site
- Organize events, meetings, schedules, and budgets to advance
the mission of the programs and University (including but not
limited to white coat ceremonies, orientation events, preceptor and
clinical instructor recognition and development events, etc.).
- Manage communication through multiple media (including but not
limited to written text, verbal, email, video, and web).
- Prepare and coordinate purchases of supplies and materials for
the clinical/experiential area, requests for reimbursement, payment
of stipends, and other budget-related items approved by the
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders, clinical and
experiential sites and other partners using effective communication
and conflict management skills.
- Develop and maintain a sound digital footprint utilizing best
practices for electronic mediums.
- Provide appropriate access to materials, both physical and
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance, with the
expectation of additional flexibility of hours during accreditation
site visits or clinical/experiential activities and events that
take place outside of normal working hours.
- Adhere to university policies and procedures.
- Work collectively with all coordinators/directors of
Clinical/Experiential/Field Work Experiences within the COHP to
drive effectiveness and efficiencies. Duties within each individual
area may fluctuate, pending schedules, assignments, and
- Facilitate training and cross-training sessions and meetings
and collaborate with the Directors/Coordinators in maintenance of
the Centralized Clinical Placement System and other
Experiential/Clinical Learning Management Systems (i.e., CORE ELMS,
- Work collectively with other COHP administrative assistants to
ensure environments and work areas remain student-centric as well
as operationally focused while providing support when needed.
- Participate and engage in assigned College and University
activities and committees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This position may supervise work-study students and must carry out
those supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable state and federal
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the functions.
- Basic computer skills required (including but not limited to
Microsoft Office and Google Applications), skills with specialized
clinical/experiential educational software preferred, and basic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a variety
of constituencies including students, faculty, preceptors, and
- Organizational skills to enhance responsiveness to regional and
specialized accreditation demands and deadlines. Ability to
organize and prioritize competing goals and responsibilities.
- The ability to work cooperatively and effectively with
colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree required Bachelor's degree preferred (in
Education, Health, or Business). Preference would be given to
candidates who are Certified Technicians/Assistants in
- Experience in didactic or clinical/experiential educational
programming with preference given to individuals with experience
and/or significant knowledge of pharmacy practice paradigms.