Manager, TRIO, Educational Talent Search (ETS)
POSITION: Manager, TRIO, Educational Talent Search (ETS)
DEPARTMENT: Center for Multicultural Access and Success
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Center for Multicultural Student
Access and Success
PLACEMENT: Professional, grade S09
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $56,827 Annually/ Commensurate with
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Reporting to the Senior Director of the Center for Multicultural
Access and Success, the Manager provides the day-to-day
administration of TRIO Educational Talent Search, which includes
oversight of the services that support student success. Provides
operational support to Joliet Central High School, which includes
supervision, training, and support to staff and faculty responsible
for delivering high quality tutoring to eligible students. This
position requires working collaboratively with target high
school(s), local colleges and universities, community agencies,
employers and governmental entities and maintaining high-level
contacts. The Manager gathers, assess, and strategically reports
data that indicates student engagement, learning, and overall
development. Assumes the Senior Director's role in the Senior
Director’s absence and assists in the development and achievement
of goals and objectives of the TRIO Talent Search Program and is
responsible for developing and coordinating student
academic/instructional components for the program, as well as
overseeing and supervising all Talent Search activities in target
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in coordinating the Educational Talent Search program,
this includes supporting the management of these services at JJC
and Joliet Central High School.
2. Perform the selection, training, direct supervision, scheduling
and evaluation of all ETS staff, including Office Assistant and
Educational Outreach Specialist.
3. Support the management of allocated budget and associated
resources assigned to meet the various needs of the ETS students;
contribute to budget planning that meet the immediate and long-term
4. Oversee active caseload and provide educational advising to all
eligible students, supporting their ability to develop an
educational development plan/map that meets their identified
educational and career goals, as well as support their motivation
5. Adhere to all policies and procedures related to TRIO
established by the U.S. Department of Education and JJC. Document
all educational advising interactions on appropriate forms. Provide
information and generate reports as requested, utilizing
appropriate technologies in all areas reflective of advising and
administrative best practices.
6. Maintain Quality Assurance as it pertains to federal program
compliance through a regular internal audit.
7. Assist Sr. Director with developing an annual budget, completion
of Federal, State, institutional reporting, performance reviews and
8. Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders per
established guidelines, to determine when students need to be
referred to appropriate college resources for further educational
planning, advising, and support.
9. Represents the college as a speaker, presenter, or in similar
capacities in middle/high schools, service clubs, community events,
and other activities of a similar nature.
10. Supervise the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
activities related to the postsecondary application process, the
financial-aid application process, career exploration, and other
11. Supervise the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
activities related to the assessment of participants needs,
monitoring of participant academic performance, and delivery of
12. Prepare reports of accomplishments and concerns (monthly and
annually); contribute to the development and communication of
annual and long-range goals; actively participate in Student
Development priorities, college goals and objectives.
13. Regularly attend and participate in workshops, seminars, and
14. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with course
work in Education, Psychology, Sociology, or Guidance service
2. Three (3) years of TRIO (or similar program/grant) experience,
knowledge with Department of Education Title IV programs and
3. Two (2) years of supervisory and training experience.
4. Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal
5. Ability to work extended evening and weekend hours at peak times
of the year.
1. Master’s Degree in related field.
2. Experience with Colleague, Workday, and Navigate systems or
other systems related to TRIO data management systems.
3. Experience in a high school and college setting.
1. Normal office physical demands.
2. Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from
3. Ability to travel in state and nationally.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.