Administrative Assistant - Vice-President's
VP, Multicultural Student Services
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for
the Vice President of Academic or Student Affairs. Duties require a
range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and
procedures. Resolves administrative problems and inquiries;
composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and
prepares a range of administrative documents. Assists staff,
faculty, students and parents as needed.
Primary Duties Performed:
- Serves as a central point of liaison with other departments in
the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the
Vice President’s office.
- May maintain records regarding finances, completed contracts
sent, personnel actions, and enrollments as they relate to the Vice
- Monitors office expenditures, performs routine calculations in
the processing of data.
- Provides administrative support for the Vice President’s office
to include screening and handling telephone communications,
greeting and directing visitors, students, and parents; deals with
administrative problems and inquiries, as appropriate; serves as a
primary point of contact and liaison between the office, students,
and faculty on a range of day-to-day issues.
- Gathers information for Vice President on sensitive issues
which necessitate collaboration relating to academic or
- Maintains documentation.
- May organize meetings or assist with special events; schedules
and coordinates appointments on the Vice President’s calendar; may
take minutes and provide administrative support and follow-up on
matters arising from meetings.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain records and
databases; establishes and maintains files and records of a
- May carry out and coordinate administrative activities
associated with the office of the Vice President of Academic
Affairs, such as tenure, contracts, sabbaticals, and promotion of
- May assist in building the class schedule for the office of the
Vice President of Academic or Student Affairs.
- Composes written documentation and correspondence for the Vice
President’s office; screens incoming and outgoing correspondence
and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Processes travel documents and makes arrangements, if
- Prepares appropriate documents to requisition supplies, handle
maintenance issues and other services.
- Assists in processing pay documents for personnel assigned to
the Vice President’s office.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent and over three years of
progressively responsible secretarial
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft 365.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity