This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Political Science (Fall 2022) - up to
2 positions to be filled
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Dept of Political Science
Refer Applicants To
Dr. Jason Enia
Professor and Chair
Department of Political Science
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2149
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The Department of Political Science seeks a qualified instructor to
teach in Fall 2022. Depending on qualifications and need, there
could be multiple opportunities in courses such as American
Government, Texas Government, Social Policy, and Victims’ Rights.
Courses could be taught online or face-to-face at the main Sam
Houston State University campus in Huntsville, TX.
Educational Requirements for the Position
Ph.D. in political science preferred; will consider candidates that
are ABD in a relevant Ph.D. program and/or candidates that have a
Master’s degree in political science.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience, especially online-teaching experience, is
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Reference Contact Information