This position is responsible for the Financial, Purchasing,
Leasing, Facilities, Security, College Services and Events areas of
the College. The incumbent shall manage, supervise, plan and
direct both the operation and the personnel of the above stated
areas. The Vice President must demonstrate an ability to be
entrepreneurial and help lead the development and implementation of
innovative, College-wide strategies that generate new revenue
sources, increase efficiencies and improve effectiveness while
instilling a culture of customer service to the constituencies
This position is required to maintain confidentiality of
proprietary and private information and a customer-service focus
while carrying out job responsibilities and will conduct business
in a manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of
Westmoreland County Community College. This position maintains a
thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the policies,
regulations, and procedures of the College.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: JOB SPECIFIC
- Direct the day-to-day operations and activities of the
Financial, Purchasing, Leasing, Facilities, Security, College
Services and Events areas of the College.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard
the financial integrity of the College; monitor College operations
and ensure compliance with government regulations, higher education
and peer standards.
- Administer the accounting and fiscal affairs of the College,
including those required by not only Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles, Governmental Accounting Standards Board, but also
local, state, and federal funding sources and College and Board of
- Oversee the financial operations of the College's Education
- Direct the efforts of the facilities operation to provide
adequate facilities and properly control costs in order to
maintain, construct and renovate College facilities in the best
- Oversee construction projects ensuring the projects receive
Department of Education approval, adequate funding is secured,
collaborate on architectural and engineering design, ensure
projects are properly bid and once the project is started, monitor
that the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Provide oversight and responsibility for the development and
implementation of the facilities master plans, facilities
management and maintenance including capital development.
- Perform liability risk analysis for all College insurance and
make recommendations to the College President for a strategy that
protects the College and is cost efficient.
- Oversee the payroll function of the College to assure that
employees are properly paid and payroll deductions are properly
calculated and remitted to the appropriate agency.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function of the College.
- Oversee the invoicing and collecting of student accounts and
other areas of Accounts Receivable.
- Oversee purchasing and ensure all college, state and federal
policies are maintained. Provide leadership and creativity as it
relates to purchasing power, cost expenditures and savings for the
- Maintain bank relationships and oversee the cash management
policies of the College on investments and cash flow to ensure
appropriate returns and the continued operation of the
- Oversee the preparation of finance and facilities motions for
action by the Board of Trustees and ensure financial statements and
reports, cash management reports and other related reports are
shared with the board upon request and at each board committee and
- Work with certified public accountants and auditors from
federal and state agencies to assure proper accounting policies,
procedures, and regulations are followed and presented in the
College financial statements to the Public, the State Department of
Education and to the various grant agencies. Oversee and ensure the
college and foundation audits are performed on time, within budget
and meet all standards.
- Communicate with the College solicitor on various legal issues
that may affect the College within assigned areas.
- Direct the efforts of assigned departments to maintain
effective auxiliary services to the College community, e.g., Food
Service, Event Services, Leasing and College Store. Set and realize
revenue goals to contribute to the operations of the College.
- Assist with labor relations and negotiations, preparing
proposals, reviewing data and providing fiscal guidance and
participating as directed by the President.
- Participate in the development, submission, administration and
reporting of College grants, including Carl Perkins, PIC/WIA, CJT
and Continuing Education Grants, including WEDNET, NCOA, Career
Prep, TANF, etc.
- Ensure the ERP (Anthology) for the college and the areas under
direct supervision fully utilize this system and other technologies
to create and maintain efficiencies, streamline processes and
utilize human and time resources appropriately.