Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician I/II (CARE)
The University of Florida Pet Emergency Treatment Services (UF
PETS) is seeking a self-motivated and compassionate veterinary
technician to become part of our team. Our after-hours and weekend
emergency hospital offers flexible schedules, giving you 3-4 days
off a week to enjoy all Ocala (known as the horse capital of the
world) and the surrounding areas have to offer.
A successful applicant should enjoy learning new things and can
quickly adapt to a changing environment. A person in this position
must possess a good base knowledge of veterinary medicine,
excellent nursing skills, and an interest in assisting teaching
staff and students.
Why work for UF?
We know you care about your own pets as much as we do our patients,
so we offer discounts on treatments, procedures, and even food for
all our employees’ pets. We encourage you to join our team and grow
with us to make a difference.
• Competitive Salary and Extensive Benefits
• Shift Differentials
• CE Opportunities
• Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
• Relocation Assistance
• Licensing Fees Paid
• Career-long mentorship from senior technicians and faculty
• Opportunities to teach others and shape the future of veterinary
This position is considered essential personnel and requires a
post-offer health assessment.
$16.50-$26.00 hourly; commensurate with education and
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician I:
High school diploma or equivalent and one-year relevant experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may
substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician II:
Credentialed veterinary technician (CVT/LVT/RVT)
• Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program
and/or certified veterinary technician
• Knowledge of animal care and nursing, especially critical
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
• Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their
availability and applications.
• Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various
levels and responsibilities
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are
claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214
Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our
for more specific information.
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume.
This is a time-limited position.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits including health
insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: