Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Information Technology team
is currently looking for an experienced Workday HR and Finance
Systems Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the Manager of
Workday Systems, the Workday HR and Finance Systems Analyst is an
experienced analyst who will work to support the University’s
effort to maintain and enhance the ERP system, by effectively and
efficiently applying technological and business solutions. This
requires the ability to learn and support one or more modules of
the University’s ERP, Workday and Adaptive Planning. This is
a remote position and can be done anywhere within the United
Ideal candidates should possess substantial experience with
enterprise applications as well as the use of reporting tools, data
interfaces and data process automation. Candidates should also be
highly adaptable and possess sufficient resilience to effectively
adjust to rapidly shifting prioritization. They shall insist upon
exceptional, positive and effortless customer service with
colleagues within and beyond the institution.
This position requires a strong communicator with a team-player
attitude that will serve both as an individual contributor and
leader on various projects. When leading projects, the successful
candidate will be responsible for the entire project lifecycle and
ensuring the quality and timeliness of all deliverables.
Embry-Riddle Information Technology provides a modern,
collaborative environment with professional development
opportunities, and a flexible four-day week summer schedule.
Working for Embry-Riddle entitles the employee to a robust benefit
package – from quality health care and retirement options to
generous education benefits.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Works directly with administrative departments to solve complex
application and data issues within Workday HCM, Payroll and
- Participates as a team member on ERP System
- Provides application support (on-demand support, error
resolution, defect correction, reporting and training) for
functional users with an emphasis on one or more key modules.
- Coordinates systems upgrades and testing and works in a team
environment to develop and maintain application programs.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to
automate processing or to improve existing systems.
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, business process
functions, and steps required to develop, improve, and automate or
test information systems.
- Provides 24/7 on-call technology support for Priority 1 (system
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or related field is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Experience with Workday and/or Adaptive Planning is
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements,
believing in our team, learning from mistakes, being accountable
for actions and showing determination, focus and tenacity.
- Ability to work in an application support role, and to convey
technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to focus on mentally challenging technical problems
that may take significant time to resolve.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools used in the
software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of interface construction.
- Ability to work within a team-centric, fast paced work
environment and able to multi-task, set priorities, work
independently and proactively with limited direction, solve complex
problems and work effectively under the pressures of multiple
- Excellent communication, in a variety of methods, is essential
in keeping the stakeholders well informed as well as the internal
and wider team. Strong customer service experience including
documentation and training skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology related to application support
and project management. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft
Windows environment, including ability to use Microsoft Office
desktop tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Project,