The Outreach and Recruitment Project Manager, Boren Awards is a
key member of the Boren Awards team, working closely with team
members to promote and support this unique program for US
undergraduate and graduate students interested in languages and
regions of the world that are critical to US national security, and
who are committed to public service. The Outreach and Recruitment
Project Manager, Boren Awards is a highly visible role, serving as
the first point of contact for potential applicants, Boren campus
representatives and other stakeholders. The Outreach and
Recruitment Project Manager, Boren Awards conducts outreach and
recruitment activities, and also represents IIE on panels,
presentations and other events. They also work on social media and
digital outreach for the Boren Awards, engage with Boren Alumni
Ambassadors, assist with program events, and work to support
program goals as needed.
The Institute of International Education (“IIE”) has
a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of
in-office work and telework at any of the locations listed
- Serves as main point of contact for Boren campus
representatives, university partners, and potential
- Develops, maintains, and supports key contacts at partner
institutions, especially Boren Campus Representatives. Interacts
with institutions of higher education, scholarly associations and,
as needed, other external constituencies, including vendors,
consultants, and contractors, to professionally represent IIE.
- Recruits and serves as direct point of contact for potential
applicants interested in a variety of programs.
- Works on social media and digital outreach for the program
- Plans and implements outreach programming in collaboration with
the Boren team and other IIE programs and university partners as
- Tracks, monitors, and supports production and distribution of
outreach materials and information. Ensures correct brand usage in
creation of all materials.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least two years of related
work experience, or combination education and experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of scholarship and fellowship advising on
college campuses as well as study abroad or language and culture
programming for outbound US students.
- Experience in an outreach and recruitment role, ability to
demonstrate judgement and be comfortable in a public-facing
- Demonstrated project management, time management, and
administrative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with social media and digital outreach in a
professional capacity strongly preferred. Experience with graphic
design and data visualization a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and
presentation skills. Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of team members and
clients, including the ability to work with students, partner
organizations, and institutions.
- Ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and social media
To help promote and ensure the safety of our
employees and those we work with, we require all employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees that have a qualifying
medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or
who object to being vaccinated based on a sincerely held religious
belief, may request a reasonable accommodation. State and local
Work Conditions & Physical
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting
with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting;
telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with
other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.