Provide an excellent level of customer service to students,
families, other offices and outside vendors. Priority will be on
billing process including answering phones, responding to e-mails
and greeting/meeting with students and families. Counsel students
and parents in areas of billing such as understanding payment
options and the elements of the student bill. Also provide support
to students and family concerning online processes. Assist in
special projects and orientations as determined by the Director of
Student Accounts. Provide administrative support to the Director
and other Business Office staff as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls and visitors in a
professional manner using excellent customer service.
- Maintain the Business Office e-mail account responding to
inquiries in a timely manner.
- Organize office workflow and initiates follow-up action.
- Update all forms as requested.
- Prepare and organize files of information pertinent to Business
- Provide parents and students with general Business Office
information and refer complex request to appropriate staff
- Reconcile Monthly Salve Card.
- Process daily deposits for tuition, Business Office and
- Assist the Senior Financial Accounts Specialist with creating
and sending custom third party invoices for various municipalities
and agencies Assist the Director of Student Accounts in assigning
third-party discounts, and manual charges as needed, for I-Design,
Care New England and South Coast. More discounts to come as Data
Governance Articulation Agreements continue to grow.
- Run reports for delinquent Nelnet accounts to assign holds
prior to registration
- Run XTBC to check holds for freshmen and all STU
- Assign credits for Dewar waivers
- Post morning duties OPC payments
- Post Circle of Scholar payments at 1st of each month
- Special projects for the Director of Student Accounts and
Controller regarding enrollment statistics
- Back-up for running end of day reports
- Process paper refund checks and assist Accounting Generalist
- Work with the Business Office team to assign Manual billing:
Pell credits, Dance major/minor, Peer and Tutor Mentors, Nursing
Fees, Bio/CHEM overload and Foreign Exchange, etc.
Supports the Business Office in events, including occasional
evening and weekend events, such as but not limited to receptions,
orientation, and commencement. Support collection efforts which may
occur outside standard hours of operation. Perform other related
duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
A high school diploma or GED and 1-3 years of previous customer
service experience required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Must possess strong interpersonal and telephone skills with a
positive work attitude.
Must possess the ability to handle a busy office environment and
work independently as well as part of an office team.
Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.