This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Theatre and Musical Theatre -
Commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Arts & Media
Dept of Theatre and Musical Theatre
Refer Applicants To
Sam Houston State University
Department of Theatre and Musical Theatre
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four
courses per semester. Course requirements may include a combination
of teaching classes at the main campus in Huntsville, and online
classes, depending on the needs of the academic department.
Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is based upon student demand, on a
Educational Requirements for the Position
Requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in Theatre or a related
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the Position
This posting is for the Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023
Special Instructions Summary
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Security and Fire Safety Report
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3