- SUNY Cortland
- New York, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jun 17, 2022
FACILITIES PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Finance and Management, Division of
Facilities Planning, Design and Construction
Staff & Administration
High 80's-High 90's
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
Responsible for performing a wide range of administrative professional duties in connection with coordinating, designing, scheduling, and managing a variety of construction services for maintenance and capital improvement projects. May work on large capital projects and/or smaller projects. The successful candidate will initiate program and project scope, provide cost estimates and schedule, track and manage projects. The successful candidate will serve as a liaison between the Facilities office and design professionals, contractors, campus stakeholders, SUNY Construction Fund and DASNY . In addition, this position will provide Mechanical engineering design services to the campus as well as review of campus Building Management System trends to assist Facilities Operations and Services with troubleshooting and commissioning of campus HVAC systems.
- Manage projects of varying size and complexity from design, construction, and post construction phases to meet objectives of program, scope, schedule, and cost. Projects assigned will be according to specific background, experience, and operational need.
- Manage all aspects and all phases of campus managed projects. On larger capital projects, coordinate the activities of the project with the SUCF or DASNY management team.
- Conduct design review of all campus projects for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing scopes and assist Facilities Operations and Services with commissioning of projects. In addition, provide minor in-house designs of HVAC systems.
- Act as liaison and university representative among both internal and external entities including the intended user, university departments, SUCF, DASNY, contractors, consultants, and regulatory agencies.
- During the pre-design phase, prepare and update the project definition. Coordinate the building investigation and programming. Manage the activities of the consultant. Manage the scope, schedule, and cost factors, taking appropriate corrective action as necessary. Verify the college’s design standards are being properly applied and incorporated into the design documents. Secure all internal and external approvals, through periodic reviews. Communicate expectations to and solicit input from the campus community to ensure program needs are met. Review project for code compliance and issue building permits. If successful candidate does not currently hold NYS Certification as a code enforcement official, they will be expected to complete this training in their first year of employment. Issue contracts and/or purchase requisitions required to complete pre- construction activities, such as surveys, asbestos abatement, and above/below grade investigation activities. Facilitate and assist Contract Administrator with preparing bid documents.
- During bid phase, prepare bidders list for approval. Initiate and chair pre-bid and pre-construction meetings. Analyze bids; make recommendations, and award contracts. Issue contracts and/or purchase requisitions required to complete the work. Develop administrative procedures for the project.
- During construction phase, manage projects so scope, schedule, and cost are not compromised.
- Anticipate critical issues and interface with the campus community to minimize the impacts of construction activity. Inform key personnel of project schedule, communicate scope and possible implications, and coordinate any required outages. Inspect the work-in-progress to assure compliance with the documents. Coordinate the work of all trades. Monitor required testing. Initiate progress and other meetings to facilitate completion. Review and approve changes and payment applications. Estimate costs. Initiate and monitor the building commissioning process.
- Manage or execute programs to move people, furniture, equipment, communication lines, and related items to alternate swing/surge locations during construction.
- During the post construction phase, manage the project closeout and commissioning. Complete all punch list items quickly and as required by the contract. Prepare responses and recommend resolutions of any disputes or claims that occur during the project. Prepare evaluations of contractors and consultants according to Department requirements
- Utilize Building Management System trend data to recommission and troubleshoot campus HVAC systems
- Work autonomously and manage several projects with critical deadlines simultaneously and following through to completion.
- Reports to the director of Facilities Planning Design and Construction.
- Works closely with other facilities management units; Environmental Health and Safety, and Operations & Services, Energy Manager, as well as campus departments and stakeholders.
- Professional Engineering license and/or bachelor’s degree in engineering with mechanical, HVAC design, or design review experience.
- Relevant construction/project management experience.
- Working knowledge of and experience with all aspects of institutional or commercial buildings project management from conception to warrantee.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or closely related field
- NYS Building Code certification
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design ( CAD ).
- SUNY Experience
- Relevant experience in higher education or similarly complex organization
- Experience working with internal and external agencies, boards, committees, and/or community stakeholders (e.g., SUCF, DASNY, etc.)
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
Job Close Date
Posting Detail Information
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a New York State licensed professional and authorized
to practice and use a professional title in New York State?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * Please, share your understanding of diversity, equity, and
inclusion and briefly describe your commitment to treating others,
at all levels of the organization with fairness and respect.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert