User Services Consultant II
Posting Number 2020154 Posting/Functional Title Desktop Management Specialist University Pay Plan Title User Services Consultant II Location San Marcos Department Managed Services Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary Commensurate with experience Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1. Advanced experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows desktop computers in an enterprise or educational environment.
2. Advanced experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Mac desktop computers in an enterprise or educational environment.
3. Experience with Microsoft Active Directory security roles and Group Policy Management
4. Experience with software package development, testing and deployment for Windows desktop computers or Mac’s in an enterprise or educational environment
5. Customer service experience providing multi-level technical support to end users, both remotely and in person.
6. Ability to manage many projects and priorities at the same time.
7. Ability to document information technology systems and best practice procedures.
8. Must be willing to work additional hours, sometimes with little advanced notice, to complete projects and meet deadlines
Experience with managing technical resources in classrooms, labs or other learning environments
Administration experience with Microsoft SCCM, Ivanti LANrev, MDT or Jamf
Experience with software package development, testing and deployment in a multi-platform environment
Experience with an enterprise level Mobile Device Management solution, primarily for iOS
Experience with an enterprise level Encryption solution.
Experience with scripting languages (Batch, Bash, Powershell, SQL, VBScript, etc.)
Experience in support and management of Microsoft Server 2012 or higher
Experience managing enterprise level print management solutions
Experience using a support ticketing system
Familiar with ITIL Foundations and Change Management basics
The IT Assistance Center ( ITAC ) Managed Services department in the division of Information Technology is seeking a highly qualified technical professional to assist with the day-to-day support of university owned technical resources. Primary duties include: advanced level technical support of various computing hardware including, desktops and mobile devices, the creation, customization, delivery and maintenance of software packages; mobile device management; configuration of Group Policies; administration of license managers, encryption servers, service delivery and desktop management tools; software/OS patch-management; and consulting with faculty, staff and the university technical community on best practices and advanced technical issues.
Management of university computing equipment
Administration and support of campus encryption solution
Software package development and delivery for multiple platforms
Print server management and maintenance
License server management and maintenance
Advanced troubleshooting of systems and network problems
Administration and support of service delivery systems and applications
Provide advanced technical support and consulting to a very diverse user base
Work with vendors and outside technical contacts to implement reliable solutions to a variety of technical issues
Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Information to Applicants
Cover letter and resume are required.
IT Assistance Center will not sponsor or transfer visa sponsorship.
Work hours beyond 8-5 business hours may be required during peak times.
A separate application is required for each Texas State University job posting.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you may also want to consider our other ITAC openings:
Lab and Classroom Desktop Management Specialist: http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/29695
Desktop Management Specialist: http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/29690
Job Open Date 12/09/2019 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/29691 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Letter of Recommendation #2
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos