- TITLE: Coordinator of Dual Credit
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Dual Credit Coordinator provides leadership in guiding and
assisting the college and high school faculty in developing and
adapting the curriculum to create dual credit articulation
agreements. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and
updating current dual credit agreements (professional technical and
lower division collegiate), developing new agreements, and
assisting college and high school faculty in developing seamless
pathways between feeder high schools and Kentucky State
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides leadership, liaison activities, and resource
information for the development and maintenance of programs and
instructional projects that articulate between the college and
district high schools.
- Maintains and updates current articulated instructional and
program agreements including; organizing and coordinating annual
program review and evaluation; writing agreements; securing
signatures; informing students and teachers of the registration
process and recording of grades; preparing student participation
- Promotes and markets Kentucky State University’s Dual Credit to
high school district administrators, building principals,
counselors, and teachers. Coordinates activities with Kentucky
State University’s Admissions Coordinators. Visits high schools.
Participates in high school parent nights, and various related
committees. Assists in the design of marketing materials.
- Provides direct services/liaison to Kentucky State University’s
Dual Credit students and high school counselors. Provides
information to support the enrollment of students. Troubleshoots
student problems, i.e., registration, adding/dropping classes.
- Prepare and present information about the Dual Credit Program
both in face-to-face and written format.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Be flexible to adapt to an ever-changing system
- Demonstrate knowledge of national trends and research
surrounding Dual Credit and the role it plays in current education
policy including Kentucky regulations and issues.
- Have strong planning and project management skills
- Have verifiable experience working with complex grants
- Have verifiable experience in successful work with
underrepresented populations as related to post-secondary
- Works collaboratively as part of several teams
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Three years of professional experience working in a college or high
school in one or more of the following areas: administration,
teaching, counseling, or student services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position does not have
any supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge of overall operations of dual credit programs
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local policies governing dual
- Ability to implement policies and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Excellent public relations, organizational, communication, and
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students,
faculty, community members, and staff
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical
requirements listed in this job description represent the essential
duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform
either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions
listed do not necessarily include all activities that the
individual may perform.
- Work is normally performed n a typical interior/office work
- No or very limited physical effort is required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.