Business Coordinator II
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
IT Business Services
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Business Coordinator II position works under the general
supervision the Director of Business Services with a full range of
business activities including accounting, budgeting, purchasing and
fiscal oversight for the Information Technology Division and serves
as controller for assigned departments. The Information Technology
Division has approximately 80 employees, an annual budget of $25
million allocated over 28 departments/sub‐departments, and 61
Financial Account Management:
- Prepare and distribute periodic financial status and projection
reports for assigned
- Information Technology (IT) departments, e.g. spend v budget,
- Analyze financial data for assigned IT departments to generate
key statistics and answer ad hoc inquiries.
- Assist with data collection and preparation of monthly/annual
reports and routine surveys for assigned IT departments, e.g.,
division presentations, quarterly budget reviews, etc.
- Assist with budget development, budget management, budget
requests, and fiscal requests for assigned IT departments
- Monitor, analyze, and reconcile assigned IT departmental
- Prepare adjusting/correcting budget and expenditure
- Identify and recommend funding sources for unplanned purchases,
proposed positions, and contract.
- Prepare and track documents (such as financial system access
and approval authorization forms, department budget requests,
departmental correction requests, journal entries, etc.) to
reallocate budgeted funds as required based upon spending for
assigned IT departments.
- Review assigned IT departmental expense reports, procurement
card charges, travel reports, and purchase orders to ensure proper
- Perform procurement for the assigned university and IT
- Review requests for purchases for appropriate procurement
method according to university guidelines and best practices.
- Assist in the review of contract bid quotes for accuracy and
compliance to university guidelines.
- Assist in the review and compare available cooperative
contracts/service agreements for best buy for assigned IT
departments based on contract owners and custodians needs,
preferences, and determinations.
- Ensure new contracts for assigned IT departments are processed
correctly and timely through contract and purchasing systems
including the creation of related purchase requests
- Assist in ensuring all contracts have terms compliant to
university requirements and IT Division preferences.
- Assist in ensuring all contracts have been approved by
appropriate IT Division personnel.
- Coordinate with Contracting and Purchasing Sections.
- Monitor contracted licenses/services and initiate renewal
process to ensure no lapse in service.
- Calculate estimated annual true‐up costs for software licenses
and hardware maintenance.
- Backup the other Business Coordinator positions in preparation
of purchase requisitions, procurement card reconciliations, payment
processing, renewal notifications, and updating contract
record/renewals automated database tracking system.
- Analyze contracts and IT usage throughout the University and
compare to industry/national benchmarks to identify cost‐savings
opportunities, e.g. bulk purchasing or shared services.
- Monitor and track contract activity and financial estimates to
ensure prompt processing of contracts and financial needs for
annual fiscal year budget development.
- Maintain contract authorization and approval process, contract
management system and contract record repository.
- Generate monthly billings and process payments for
- Create and submit invoices to external customers and Accounts
- Ensure/establish external customers as vendors in accounts
- Initial approver of monthly payments to external utility,
telephone service, cable service, and cellular phone service
- Monitor utility invoice receiving and payment tracking for
external utility providers.
- Create and submit inter‐departmental transfers to Accounting
Services by specified monthly deadlines for internal
- Monitor external customers' payments and ensure past due
notices are sent.
- Answer billing inquiries.
- Prepare corrections to billings.
- Review utility revenue, expenditure, and encumbrance and
prepare utility forecasts
- Prepare and submit monthly Sales Tax report to Accounting
- Create travel authorization and expense reports for staff of
assigned IT departments
- Serve as liaison for financial, purchasing and contract units
for assigned IT departments
- Coordinate and interact with other fiscal units and departments
to complete other business duties as assigned.
- Assist in the training of Information Technology Division staff
for their responsible department related to budget, financial
status, purchasing methods, processes, and systems.
- Create and maintain procedures for all duties assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, or closely related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience in accounting, billing,
collections, financial forecasts, and/or purchasing.
- Additional education/experience may be used as a substitution
for the minimum requirements.
- Master's Degree and One (1) year of experience.
- Experience in reviewing contracts with financial terms and
- Knowledge and ability to process billings, invoices, purchasing
and contract modifications or amendments.
- Ability to compile and accurately interpret data.
- Ability to make independent judgments under limited
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal)
skills to be able to multitask and work cooperatively with
- Experience in developing and monitoring departmental budgets in
higher education or state government.
- Experience in contracting or purchasing position in state
- Experience in reviewing contracts with financial terms and
- Certified in Texas Contract Development and/or Certified in
Texas Contact Management.
- Commensurate upon experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Business-Coordinator-II_R-050941-1