Assistant Director, Tutoring and Learning Services
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Center For Academic Student Achievement
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Assistant Director of Tutoring and Learning Services, under
general direction of the Director of Academic Support and
Mentoring, assists with the implementation and coordination of
tutoring and learning services and collaboration of writing
- Coordinates, implements, and designs, tutoring and learning
services programs day to day operations, including peer tutoring,
supplemental instruction (SI), and structured learning assistance
under the direction of the Director of Academic Support.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight of the writing
center operations, including hiring processes, budgets, training,
work schedules, and other processes in collaboration with the
writing center coordinator.
- Directs tutors, supplemental instruction (SI) facilitators, and
structured learning assistance (SLA) facilitators hiring
procedures, recruiting applicants, reviews faculty referrals,
reference letters, transcripts, and prior experience and hiring of
tutors under the guidance of the Director of Academic Support.
- Assists Director of Academic Support and Mentoring with
preparing and submitting program application for tutorial
certification by adhering to the College Reading & Learning
Association (CRLA) training guidelines.
- Coordinates tutor training, team building, and evaluations for
all student employees.
- Reviews and approves schedules and worked time for tutors, SI
Leaders, and SLA Leaders
- Advertises and market tutoring and learning services to
students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborates with other offices within the Office of Student
Success and across campus to enhance learning skills and strategies
to enhance student success
- Assists the director in the development of tutorial and
learning services programs, policies, and long-range planning.
- Assesses, evaluates, and takes measures to enhance
- Other duties as assigned such as: special programs, special
reports, and service on university committees.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Six (6) years of related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education/experience can be
considered as a substitution:
- Master's degree and four (4) years of experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Master's degree in education, higher education leadership, or
closely related field.
- At least one (1) year of management or supervisory
- Experience developing and implementing academic support
- Proven experience in leading or managing large teams or
- One (1) year or more experience managing budgets.
- Previous experience with TutorTrac, WorkDay, or similar systems
of team management a plus
- One (1) year or more of training and assessment of small to
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Director--Tutoring-and-Learning-Services_R-050869