Vice President, Marketing and Enrollment Management (Remote)
Position available starting June 1, 2022.
A successful Vice President, Marketing and Enrollment Management
at Forté needs to be a self-starter with a sense of urgency who is
innovative, analytical, and goal-oriented. They will demonstrate
action-oriented leadership and initiative, while collaborating with
team members to achieve goals. Does this resonate with you? If you
are able to work effectively and exceed expectations in a virtual
work environment, this may be your dream career opportunity.
Forté is changing the balance of power in the workplace. We open
doors for women to reimagine what they can achieve in business—from
launching first jobs to advancing to the C-suite. Our powerful
alliance of talented women, influential companies, leading
undergraduate and business schools, and pioneering donors empowers
women to change their career trajectories, their earning power, and
their lives. Through business education, role models, professional
networks, and leadership training, Forté shows women how to build
the credibility, skills, network, and confidence to thrive as
leaders and change the status quo. More information about Forté can
be found at http://www.fortefoundation.org.
Position Description: Vice President, Marketing and
Reporting to the CEO and working in close partnership with the
Vice President, Programs, and the Vice President, External
Relations, the Vice President, Marketing and Enrollment Management
will have the following key responsibilities:
Vision & Leadership
In concert with Forté’s strategic plan, our immediate focus is
on growing engagement and opportunities for women across
undergraduate (college), pre-MBA, MBA, and professional audiences.
The Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment Management will
champion the organization’s overall brand strategy along with a
comprehensive acquisition, recruitment, and enrollment marketing
strategy designed to continually grow and build the pipeline of
women in the Forté database who are interested in participating in
Forté programming. These programs are in-person, online, and hybrid
and include the Forté National College Women’s Leadership
Conference, Forté Candid Conversations Symposium, Career Ready
Certificate program, Forté MBA forums, MBALaunch, Forté MBA Women’s
Leadership Conference, undergraduate and MBA finance conferences,
Women Lead webinars and a growing portfolio of programs for working
Communications and Brand
In conjunction with the Director of Communications and
- Serve as the Forté brand champion, stewarding related marketing
and advertising initiatives.
- Develop, and implement an integrated strategic communications
plan that includes new avenues and channels for building brand
awareness, expanding Forté’s reach and broadening awareness of its
programs and priorities and increasing visibility of its programs
across key stakeholder audiences.
- Oversee messaging for organic and paid social media
- Creatively manage Forté’s editorial properties, including
Business 360 blog and any external editorial opportunities to build
distinctive voice in the women’s leadership space.
- Develop and execute Forté’s public relations strategy.
Marketing Strategy & Planning, Data Administration
In conjunction with the Marketing Managers:
- Create, direct and lead the development of Forté program
marketing and enrollment strategy.
- Envision creative growth strategies with marketing managers (3)
and program leadership to meet enrollment and engagement
- Operationalize marketing and enrollment goals & priorities
and ensure that needed assets and resources are created or obtained
to achieve them.
- Partner with program directors to help develop business
strategy for recruitment initiatives, overseeing marketing plans
and budgets, building scalable processes, and developing effective
planning and forecasting.
- Oversee the creation and execution of all program marketing and
recruitment activities. This includes production timelines and
marketing tactics, including email promotion, grassroots outreach,
web updates, online toolkit resources, social media,
collateral/signage, and event materials for all programs.
- Oversee marketing and enrollment data analysis & recommend
& implement changes & improvements to better ensure
marketing and enrollment goals.
- Establish key performance indicators to measure and improve
return on investment for all acquisition efforts. Create KPI
dashboards and report results and adjustments regularly to senior
Market Intelligence, Internal & External Collaboration
- Actively obtains market intelligence by monitoring
program/project peers/competitors, conducting market research and
evaluation as necessary, and sharing information with appropriate
groups. Stay current with industry best practices, emerging
technologies, and trends for reaching targeted audiences; share
insights with internal and partner teams.
- Execute strategic marketing communications plans to advance
brand awareness of program and recruitment in appropriate target
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal
and external stakeholders to increase program profile, reputation,
visibility and support of Forté programming.
- Build relationships with appropriate communities,
organizations, and employers that will result in program/project
- Oversee key vendor relationships to ensure maximum performance
from purchased services and to track effectiveness.
Strengthen internal operations and collaboration:
- Serve on the Forté Executive team along with CEO, VP of
External Relations, and VP of Programs in setting strategy for
- Effectively communicate work plans and priorities derived from
the organization's strategic plan by partnering with senior leaders
to follow through with coordinated accountabilities, targets, and
- Work with the programs team to effectively market all programs
and successfully achieve enrollment targets for each program,
especially those with significant revenue targets.
- Work with the program team to identify needs for online content
including Business 360 and the Forté learning and networking
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team
members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility,
span of control, and performance.
- Oversee a team of three audience-aligned marketing managers, a
director of communications and brand, and a social media
- Provide guidance and support to staff in the creation of brand,
PR, communications, marketing, recruitment, and enrollment
- Establish annual marketing budget and monitor actuals on a
monthly basis, providing financial updates to the CEO when
- Travel to and assist with Forté events throughout the
- Track record of developing and implementing marketing
strategies to drive increases in attendance and increase awareness
of an institution’s programs and mission.
- Considerable experience in data-driven enrollment operations
that result in sustained growth in program enrollment, diversity,
- Demonstrated ability to develop, direct, and implement
strategic marketing, recruitment, and yield strategies to fill
programs with high quality participants.
- Solid project management skills including scoping and leading
complex projects, meeting deadlines, and motivating project
- Responsiveness, flexibility, and ability to work under tight
- Tenacity in identifying solutions and resolving issues.
- Ability to work autonomously, exercise independent judgement
and set priorities with minimal supervision in a fast‐changing
- Demonstrates energy and passion for the Forté vision to advance
women into business leadership with a clear understanding of
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Required Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree. Masters preferred.
- 15+ years of professional experience in university or
non-profit marketing, or enrollment marketing/management with
knowledge of gender equity and/or diversity preferred.
- Experience with a CMS (WordPress, Luminate) and email marketing
program (Emma, Constant Contact, etc.); knowledge of HTML highly
- Experience with a CRM, preferably Salesforce.
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency required.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal
Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 5% matching available after 1 month
- Health, Dental, Voluntary Vision, STD, LTD, and Life
- Generous paid time off / holiday schedule.
- Job growth opportunities.
- Virtual work environment – home office.
Employees of Forté work independently from home offices. Each
employee should have the capacity within their home to set up a
work environment or office. Forté provides a computer, phone,
office supplies, and internet stipend for all employees.