Grant & Project Support Coordinator - Part Time
School of Forestry
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an
unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values.
We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our
efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of
The Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CPCESU)
within the College of Environment, Forestry and Natural Resources
(CEFNS), Northern Arizona University (NAU), has an outstanding
opportunity for a part-time, 50% coordinator. The CPCESU is a
cooperative network, transcending political and institutional
boundaries, which creates innovative opportunities for research,
education, and technical assistance in support of the management
and stewardship by partner agencies of the Colorado Plateau's
natural, cultural, and social resources.
The CPCESU is one of the original units within the CESU National
Network, and NAU has served as the host institution since its
inception in 1999. The CPCESU is currently comprised of 47 partner
organizations, including federal funding agencies, academic
institutions, non-governmental organizations, and tribal nations.
This position works under the direction of the CPCESU Director and
serves as the primary point of contact and coordinates operations
of the Unit.
Grant Support - 95%
- Serve as a CPCESU representative at internal and external
meetings, conferences, and other venues.
- Serve as the CPCESU point of contact and liaison with the NAU
Office of Sponsored Programs, other NAU administrative offices, and
- Collect, compile, enter and conduct quality control of annual
project data from all federal and nonfederal partners.
- Maintain the project tracking database and monitor the status
of on-going CPCESU task agreements.
- Develop and direct the maintenance of the CPCESU website to
meet partner needs and expand access to Unit information.
- Promote the CPCESU with NAU and other partner organizations,
including educating others about its goals, operations, and
- Respond to or direct inquiries from partner representatives and
others pertaining to the operation of the CPCESU.
- Interact with federal agency personnel to facilitate goals of
the federal agencies and partners.
- Monitor, reconcile, and approve expenditures on program
operating budgets and participate in financial planning to ensure
fiscal strength of the Unit.
- Compose and distribute general correspondence, newsletters, and
other outreach materials.
- Plan and coordinate periodic meetings and other events that
support the Unit's mission.
- Manage the administrative process for the addition of new
members to the CPCESU.
- Prepare periodic and annual reports for the CESU National
Network office, CPCESU partners, and others upon request.
- Coordinate the Unit's 5-year renewal process according to CESU
National Network guidelines.
- Assist with other CPCESU administrative tasks as assigned.
Other - 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree OR
- Bachelor's degree.in a relevant field AND
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible work experience in an
office setting OR
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Ability to multi-task and independently prioritize
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including Access and
other database platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working with federal cooperative
assistance agreements and knowledge of NAU Office of Sponsored
Programs procedures and requirements.
- Event planning experience.
- Competency in developing/maintaining a webpage.
- Education and/or work experience in fields applicable to
natural and/or cultural resource management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of grant and contracts funding policies and
procedures and applicable local, state, federal, and university
- Knowledge of federal, state, and/or community funding sources
- Knowledge of cloud-based grant management systems.
- Knowledge of appropriate and allowable costs related to various
- Customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint).Establishes and maintains effective working
- Represents the office and university in a professional
- Works in a dynamic, collaborative and deadline-driven
- Communicates effectively.
- Possesses strong problem solving, organizational, and
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination
requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal
court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent
executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees
of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For
current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please
visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the
following: a criminal background investigation, an employment
history verification and a degree verification (in some cases)
prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a
fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the
state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticpated hourly wage is $15 to $20 per hour. Hourly wage
commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
July 8, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606363&PostingSeq=1