As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent
many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University Ancilla
College campus seeks qualified applicants for the position of
Assistant Director of Residential and Commuter Life/Clubs,
Activities and Autism Coordinator. Reporting to
the MUAC Student Success and Engagement lead with
support from the Assistant Director of Residential and Commuter
life at the Indianapolis campus, the Assistant Director will
promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan Mission &
Identity through their responsibility for the overall
administration of one or more residence halls and supervision of
the Area Coordinator, Resident Assistants and Hall Assistants
working in the those residence halls. This Assistant Director, in
conjunction with the Residential and Commuter life team and
the MUAC Student Success and Engagement team, develops
and executes various annual housing assignment processes/marketing,
administers the housing management database, and oversees business
operations for MUAC campus. The Assistant Director is
also responsible for shaping the student environment and
experiences by overseeing and overseeing all student club advisor,
coordinating all student activities, and providing services and
programs aligned with the institution’s strategic goals for
vibrant, dynamic on campus living experience. Thus, Assistant
Direct specifically helps create and support activates that are
designed to enhance the retention and success of students, working
with the Area Coordinators to identify plan, execute and evaluate
those activates and will oversee the Club Advisor and manage all
residential and commuter activities. The Assistant Director is a
full-time , 12 month employee with benefits.
Essential Duties and
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of
Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and
honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through
transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through
service, integrating faith and life, and institutional
- Responsible for the development, facilitation, implementation
and assessment of the program.
- Collaborate with indianapolis Autism Coordinator for joint
efforts surrounding fundraising/outreach/ engagement
- Develops and delivers and individualized experience and
curriculum for students participating in the autism
- Works collaboratively with faculty and administrators to
increase engagement and involvement for students
with APAC program.
- Engages with Personalized Learning Center at Marian University
Indianapolis to ensure accommodations for students
within APAC program are utilized.
- Collaborates with other offices and departments in the delivery
of services to students participating in the autism program.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises students who serve as
peer mentors within the autism program.
- Maintains all necessary records and documentation.
- Provides personalized success coaching for students in the
autism program to help foster academic success self-determination,
and help students persist to graduation.
- Organizes creative social experiences and related programming
for students participating in the autism program.
- Assist with writing grants to support the autism program when
opportunities are presented
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian
- Adheres to Marian University policy and procedures
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow
employees, students subordinates, and supervisors.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department
- Meets department productivity standards
- Participates in developing department goals, objective and
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and
support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic
- Adheres to the department budget.
- Collaborates with all departments: develops effective working
relationships with colleagues.
- A master’s degree in higher education/student affairs is
- Previous experience with residence life, counseling, or related
field is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
exhibited good-decision making skills, demonstrated leadership and
supervisory abilities are required.
- This is a 12-month renewable live-in position.