Leads and manages the Admissions Recruitment and Events Offices,
including high school relations, freshman and transfer recruitment
and enrollment, the campus visit program, and both on-campus and
off-campus events. Provides leadership in the utilization of
business intelligence, data analytics, and information systems to
support the development and implementation of the strategic
recruitment plan. Provides direction to Enrollment Marketing &
Communications department for development and implementation of
strategic enrollment and recruitment marketing, positioning, and
management consistent with the strategic enrollment plan.
Responsible for undergraduate recruitment to the university and is
a key member of the enrollment management leadership team.
Additional information about the department can be found online at
- Collaborate with senior leadership in the establishment of
undergraduate enrollment goals (freshman and transfer) at each
stage of the enrollment funnel.
- Contribute to the successful accomplishment of the University's
enrollment objectives by developing and implementing a
comprehensive student recruitment plan for undergraduate students.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Development of an inquiry pool for both freshman and transfer
- Manage enrollment funnel from inquiry through enrollment,
including development of annual enrollment goals for each territory
manager/recruiter, freshman and transfer
- Outreach (college fairs and high school visits).
- High school and community college relations.
- Use of the web, social media, and emerging technologies.
- Campus visit programs, publications, and correspondence.
- Effectively utilize the University's prospective student
database and CRM software, Slate.
- Effectively leverage, promote, and support transfer
- Develop data-driven recruitment strategies by effectively
utilizing data from a variety of sources to evaluate student
characteristics and trends, as well as the University's marketing
position and competition.
- In partnership with the Enrollment Marketing &
Communications Manager, develop and implement multi-channel student
marketing, positioning, and enrollment strategies.
- Provide leadership, management, and support for the recruitment
efforts of the Admissions Recruitment Office and develop a
competent, productive and effective staff by hiring and
supervising, directing and through delegation, the administrative,
professional, student, and clerical support personnel in the
Admissions Recruitment Office.
- Oversee training, mentorship, and supervision of recruitment
staff, specifically admissions counselors (freshman & transfer)
and campus visit coordinator.
- Effectively utilize University resources in accomplishing
enrollment objectives by planning, developing, and controlling the
department recruitment, travel, and events budgets.
- Travel to and participate in various student recruitment
events, both in and out of state.
- Work closely with the Director of Admissions Operations to
ensure the efficient processing of admissions applications.
- Serve as a dynamic, collaborative, and engaged member of the
leadership team within the Enrollment Management unit.
- Manage Campus Visit Coordinator who oversees Student Ambassador
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional
reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues,
attending professional development courses, and attending training
and/or courses as required.
- Work with the Enrollment Marketing & Communications Manager
to coordinate the creation of all admissions-related publications
and promotional materials.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships within Enrollment,
Academics, Alumni Relations, Student Affairs, Administrative
Affairs and other departments that support recruitment and
enrollment initiatives and campus-wide strategic enrollment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in a related field
- At least five (5) years' higher education admissions
experience, with progressively greater levels of responsibility
- Knowledge of the University mission, admissions
guidelines/standards/procedures, and higher education admissions
counseling in general; ability to supervise and administer the
- Significant knowledge and experience in CRM solutions and
Microsoft Office programs; experience with Banner and Argos
(University's Information system) preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, exercising tact in dealing
with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work in a high energy and high pressure
- Strong human relations skills in establishing and maintaining
effective working relations with the University community, hosting
prospective and new students, counselors, and in working with
on-campus group presenters.
- Ability to create and analyze enrollment data for strategic
- Knowledge of University budget processes and the ability to
strategically manage funding for admissions and undergraduate
recruitment, its staff, etc.
- Valid Driver's license, as position is required to operate a
vehicle to travel for recruitment events.
- Knowledge of the various financial aid and scholarship
programs, including application deadlines and regulations,
professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of
$70,000, with a desired start date of August 2022. Excellent
benefits package included that begins on start date; includes
medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs,
life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for
employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in
addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.utahtech.edu/employee-benefits/
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
July 18, 2022 .
Submit application materials
(including resume contents and contact information for three
professional references) and upload cover letter electronically.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or
facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the
Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Utah Tech University is an open,
inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution, committed to
exceptional student learning and success that has adopted an
instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a
culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and
staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented
learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911
as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, our
university is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red
rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and
featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational
opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120
miles), with amenities such as an international airport and
professional sporting teams.
Utah Tech University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of
higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230
programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. We seek to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. Utah Tech University is an
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and
employees of the University are fully committed to Affirmative
Action and within its programs and activities, including in
admissions and employment. Utah Tech does not discriminate or
tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by
University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or the University’s non-discrimination
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, email@example.com ,
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification.