The HVAC Technician is responsible for maintaining climate
controlled buildings by installing and maintaining heating,
ventilating and cooling equipment.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains adequate structural climate by installing,
repairing and maintaining HVAC systems.
2. Keeps equipment, systems and buildings ready for use by
implementing preventive and routine maintenance programs and
schedules for HVAC systems, and documenting.
3. Assists in completing projects by installing, restoring and
repairing faulty or inoperative HVAC systems and associated
4. Troubleshoots HVAC systems by researching and evaluating
conditions, advising supervisor and recommending actions.
5. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine
inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
6. Complies with federal, state and local building codes by
adhering to requirements.
7. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules and regulations.
8. Ensures proper operation of tools and equipment by completing
preventive maintenance requirements in accordance with
9. Maintains Indoor Air Quality by performing routine cleaning of
HVAC system components and equipment rooms.
10. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
11. Responds to after-hours emergencies; works during inclement
weather; and works to support various events on campus during
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1 year in heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system
installation, maintenance and repair or related experience.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Skill to operate equipment required to perform the job.
• Ability to communicate technical information.
Physical Requirements (With or Without
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens,
forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses
via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching,
flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking,
kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Work is indoors/outdoors and not sedentary and is subject to
schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• May be exposed to work in attics, basements, crawl spaces.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate, but
can be noisy due to work around chiller plants, boiler rooms, and
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes
qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin,
disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any
other basis protected by law.
April 28, 2021 Central Daylight Time