About Oakton Community College :
For over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting
where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, provide administrative and office
support services to college administrators and have recurring
contact with trustees, deans, faculty, students and public
officials. Exercise discretion in the application of the handling
of confidential material and records and use independent judgment
in the application of established policies and procedures.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare correspondence, memos, and reports covering a wide
range of subjects for the administrator or own signature from
notes, transcription belts or tapes and handwritten
- Collect, compile, and prepare statistical data and sensitive
information for reports, contracts, publications, etc., requiring
some information and knowledge of college operations and
- Respond to inquiries, problems and complaints from faculty,
staff, students and others.
- Oversee the assembling of special materials such as class
schedules, academic calendar, board agendas and packets, catalog
copy, budgets, technical and
- financial reports.
- Organize and maintain office subject files, confidential
reports and records, and enter all data to keep files current
(attendance records, area rosters).
- May interview and recommend for employment support staff and
- Evaluate performance of student employees.
- Initiate required forms and reports on a regular basis in
accordance with college policy and practice.
- Exercise discretion in application of handling or confidential
- Arrange meetings, take notes when required, and maintain
- Perform other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High school education including course work in office practice
or an equivalent combination of training and experience is
- Two years general administrative and office support experience
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate
data is required.
- Advanced word processing (Microsoft Word preferred),
intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred),
and beginning presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint
preferred) skills are required. Beginning database application
skill (Microsoft Access preferred) is desired.
General supervision is received from designated supervisor.
Functional supervision may be exercised over support staff and
HOURS: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm (20 hours)
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a
Vaccination /Testing Mandate.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are