Adjunct instructors instruct students, participate in appropriate
curricular and co-curricular assignments and functions, and perform
the necessary administrative obligations.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Plans and teaches classes in assigned course.
- Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates lectures,
tests, and evaluates.
- Maintains highest possible standards of classroom
- Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field of
- Actively serves on university committees.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings.
- Maintains professional skills through regular professional
development, and other activities appropriate to higher education
- Assists with the development of curriculum.
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Master’s Degree in related field from a regionally accredited
institution. The MS Degree must include 18 graduate credit hours
within the sub-discipline associated with the course(s) to be
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.