Assistant Professor of Instruction, Counselor Education,
The Department of Counseling and Higher Education, in the Gladys
W. and David H. Patton College of Education at Ohio University
(OHIO), invites applications for a nine-month, full-time,
non-tenure-track, renewable, Assistant Professor of Instruction
position with a specialization in School Counseling beginning in
The Patton College of Education values diverse academic styles
and philosophies and strives to further diversify its faculty to
enhance the student experience. Preference will be given to
candidates offering a diverse set of experience and educational
backgrounds while also aligning with department and college
Duties: Teaching and Service are required
elements of this position.
- Teach graduate courses in School Counseling, in the 8 core
CACREP content areas, and in doctoral courses.
- Advise and mentor master’s and doctoral students in School
Counseling and in other specialization areas.
- Supervise practicum and internship students.
- Participate in program, department, college, and university
- Provide service to the community and/or to professional
We are interested in collegial candidates who possess excellent
communication and people skills, and meet the qualifications listed
- An earned doctorate in Counseling or Counselor Education and
Supervision from a CACREP- accredited program, with a
specialization in School Counseling at the master’s or doctoral
- Prior school counseling work or internship experience.
- Evidence of successful college teaching experience.
- Professional identity with the counseling profession through
membership in professional counseling organizations such as ASCA
- Licensed or license eligible as a school counselor in
- Ability to broaden the diversity of perspectives available to
our students within the program through personal practice, teaching
philosophy, and service.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled. To apply and for further details: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/41659
For full consideration, please apply by 11:59 p.m. EST
on June 22, 2022.
For additional questions, contact Dr. Yegan Pillay
(firstname.lastname@example.org), Search Committee Chair