Police Officer Pool
Internal Position Title:
: Police Department
Classified FOP Union
The College of Lake County is currently looking for a Police
Officer to add to their team. Under the administrative supervision
of the Deputy Chief of Police and the functional supervision of the
Police Sergeant, the Officer provides service and protection to the
people and property of the College of Lake County through the
enforcement of federal and state laws and CLC rules and
regulations, provides community service to the campus community
through patrols, order maintenance, and public assistance.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently
includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and
Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and
qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group
and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible
spending account plans, generous vacation, sick and personal time
off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
1. Current certification as a full time Law Enforcement Officer by
the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board.
2. High School diploma.
3. Ability to patrol all facilities on foot.
4. A valid driver’s license.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Valid FOID card or ability to obtain.
7. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of
diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate
sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college
students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities;
establish and maintain effective working relationships with those
contacted in the course of work.
1. Associate’s degree or higher.
2. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Please attach your current
certification as a Full-Time Law Enforcement Officer by the
Illinois Training & Standards Board. Please note that those
selected for interview will be subject to physical and
Total Hours Per Week:
40 hours/week. Shifts vary and are dependent on the needs of the
Software Testing Required:
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
1. Provides service and protection to the campus through a variety
of law enforcement and safety functions.
2. Patrols the buildings and grounds on foot and by vehicle to
detect threats to safety, health, security, and criminal
3. Makes arrests when necessary according to state laws and
4. Promotes traffic safety by enforcing parking and traffic
5. Responds to potential health hazards, chemical hazards, natural
hazards, and criminal situations.
6. Coordinates traffic management and conducts accident
7. Assists in training of patrol persons.
8. Monitors traffic and road conditions, and reports problems and
9. Identifies and assists persons in need of help and delivers
10. Reports potential fire, health, and safety hazards.
11. Conducts safety programs as required, crime prevention
programs, sexual assault programs, juvenile procedures, fire
prevention, use of force, and domestic battery procedures.
12. Provides traffic and crowd support for campus activities.
13. Testifies in court and other hearings as required.
14. Investigates, interviews, and collects evidence to assist in
the prosecution of persons who commit crimes on campus.
15. Presents evidence in court as required.
16. Performs all law enforcement, safety, and security duties as
related to this position.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20620