Assistant Coach Women's Lacrosse
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My
Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your
resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching
philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading
before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please
ensure you have all necessary documents available before
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type
into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in
Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have
no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is
current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information
for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate
documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your
application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the
Office of Human Resources via email at
by calling 864-294-2217.
Assistant Coach Women's Lacrosse
Under the direction of the Head Lacrosse Coach, the Assistant Coach
should have a working knowledge of all conference and NCAA
policies, rules, and regulations and adhere to these policies as
they pertain to the job.
1. Assists the Head Coach and adheres to all conference and NCAA
rules and regulations regarding recruiting by:
- Traveling to tournaments, games and clinics to evaluate
- Evaluating game film.
- Writing and telephoning all recruits.
- Assisting in making final decisions regarding scholarship
2. Teaches areas of expertise to respective athletes.
3. Organizes all travel arrangements and insures that all proper
paperwork is done.
4. Assists with purchases of equipment in the sport and provides
security and care for the equipment.
5. Assists with Coordination of the admission process by:
- Filling out pre-admission recruit evaluation forms and present
to Admissions Office.
- Making arrangements concerning admission visits and financial
aid awards including mailing all forms, if necessary.
- Communicating all information to potential recruits.
6. Assists with providing all reports and lists which would
include: scholarship, eligibility, awards, team rosters, and NCAA
7. Assists with submitting a proposed schedule to Director for
approval. The coach should not obligate the University without
approval from the Director of Athletics.
8. Assists with organizes and conducting all practices by:
- Conducting and/or supervising the warm-up, conditioning, and
cool-down phases of practice.
- Talking with trainers before each practice to check on the
status of injured players.
- Scheduling individual practice sessions for players with
- Scheduling video review sessions with players as needed.
9. Coordinates the video exchange program.
10. Assists with off-season player development by organizing
conditioning and weight-training program in consultation with the
trainers and weight coaches.
11. Coordinates mailings to alumni and other supporters.
12. Performs any other duties as may be assigned by
Continuous contact with team players to influence, motivate or
persuade parties to obtain
Daily contact with members of own work unit, immediate supervisor,
members of other department, and other coaches to plan, coordinate,
problem solve, present information, and make suggestions related to
Frequent contact with potential recruits to influence, motivate or
persuade parties to obtain desired results.
Occasional contact with alumni, parents and community to exchange
factual information and explanation of rules, regulations,
practices or functions.
Responsibility for Final Decisions
Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes or
steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure
to follow and applying established rules and procedures.
Errors are readily detected in the normal course of work by
standard check or crosscheck.
: Head Women's Lacrosse Coach.
Work is performed independently or routine work, non-routine issues
or questions are referred to the supervisor.
Bachelors Degree with 1 - 2 years experience in related
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Extensive knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Work is performed under usual office or athletic facility
conditions requiring basic safety precautions.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Assistant-Coach-Women-s-Lacrosse_R001705
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing
the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to
create a community of people representing a multiplicity of
identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief,
sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background,
ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of
employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
- Frequent evening and weekend work.
- Frequent travel.
- Daily exposure to varied weather conditions.
- Daily reaching and handling.
- Daily stooping and kneeling.
- Daily pushing and pulling.
- Daily lifting and carrying.
- Daily climbing and balancing.