Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of
a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an
assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an
academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting
applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member
teaching Media Production (audio/video). We are seeking an
enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of
professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and
demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery
College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour)
per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach
no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions
- Teach one to two classes per semester in the Television and
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night,
weekend and/or accelerated sections.
- Teach a variety of modalities, in person or online.
- Help maintain files in the computer labs to the department
- Advise students on their way toward a degree.
- Complete required training, such as training in online course
delivery and Blackboard.
- Follow guidelines from department program coordinators to
ensure consistent content coverage and student experience across
multiple sections of a course and to ensure that course objectives
- Communicate in a timely manner with students and with the
program coordinator and department chair.
- Grade and provide feedback in a timely manner to monitor
student mastery and progress through a course.
- Meet established deadlines to submit student mid-term and final
- Other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Master’s degree in Media Production or related field.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
- Include a link to a web portfolio or your LinkedIn portfolio to
your cover letter.
Application Process :
- University or college level experience teaching audio and/or
- Familiarity with the MC radio, television and media production
programs and transfer pathways.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by August 29, 2022
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Open Until Filled