Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of
a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an
assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an
academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
The Montgomery College, Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring are
currently accepting applications for possible openings as a
part-time faculty member teaching ESL (Non-Credit). We are seeking
an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of
professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and
demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging
The Montgomery College ESL (Non-Credit) Program provides English as
a second language instruction to help learners develop their
English skills for academic study, work advancement, and general
communication. As a part of the ESL (Non-Credit) program, adjunct
faculty will design and teach their course(s) based on the
program’s curriculum. Instructors teach synchronous courses on the
Rockville or Takoma Park campuses or over Zoom (Structured Remote).
Courses meet between four and ten hours a week.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- Preparing the course using the ESL (Non-Credit) program
curriculum and submitting a syllabus.
- Teaching the course.
- Reporting grades and submitting end of course paper-work.
- Attending occasional faculty meetings (encouraged).
- Masters in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or closely related
- English language teaching experience.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Experience teaching academically oriented ESL in colleges
- Experience learning a second language.
- Experience living in another culture.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by August 15, 2022
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Monday, August 15, 2022