Director, Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence and
Join the State College of Florida Team!
many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees
and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida
Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to
Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for
eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public
Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our
SCF Human Resources webpage
for benefit details.
This position is responsible for leading, facilitating, and
overseeing faculty professional development, instructional
technology and online learning. The Director provides strategic
vision, implements the vision, and oversees all staff and
operations within the functional unit. The Director ensures that
all unit activities are aligned with the College’s primary
strategies, including those that improve the quality of teaching to
enhance the student experience and to strengthen the achievement of
student learning outcomes. The Director must demonstrate effective
problem-solving skills, a willingness to work within the
administrative structure, and possess the ability and desire to
positively impact teaching and learning college-wide through best
practices as well as innovation.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all the following
1. Provides leadership, direction, and coordination for the
development and delivery of a college-wide comprehensive faculty
development program to include, but not limited to:
- Faculty Professional Development Day(s)
- Faculty Professional Development Workshop Series
- New Faculty Orientation and Training Academy
- Faculty Mentoring Program
- Adjunct Instructor Orientation
- A robust series of seminars, workshops, and lunch-n-learn
- Canvas learning management system E-certification and other
online learning related training programs
- Other programs and initiatives that foster teaching and
learning excellence such as Quality Matters, ACUE Teaching
Effectiveness program, etc.
2. Demonstrates a commitment to the concept of continuous
improvement as it relates to teaching and learning.
3. Provides direct supervision of the Center for Teaching &
Learning Excellence and Online Learning staff.
4. Uses research based best practices to foster excellence of
instruction with a willingness to pursue innovative strategies to
include effective use of technology and online instruction.
5. Serves as the primary point of contact for faculty and
administrators regarding faculty professional development
activities and initiatives.
6. In collaboration with the administration and academic
leadership, establishes and manages institutional effectiveness
processes to systematically collect and analyze online program
data, and use this data for continuous program improvement and to
ensure compliance with SACSSOC, state, and federal
7. Works closely with the College's academic leadership to
strategically select and enable the delivery of exemplary online
courses and programs across all modalities.
8. Develops and implements new policies and procedures to support
the strategic deployment of online learning to support the
9. Collaborates with academic leadership in the selection and
evaluation of faculty developing courses and teaching online.
10. Responsible for the effective implementation of all
instructional technologies to include the LMS, web conferencing and
lecture capture systems.
11. Oversee the discovery, creation and testing of innovative
educational technologies with the potential for enhancing teaching
12. Develops and investigates opportunities for faculty scholarship
13. Serving as a liaison between IT and academic programs, creates
and updates a strategic plan for the development and support of
instructional technology in collaboration with the College's
administration, academic leadership, and the faculty. Ensures
alignment of the online learning and academic technology plan with
the College's mission and strategic plan.
14. Serves as primary college representative at Florida Virtual
College (FLVC). Ensures all required submissions, catalog program
and course uploads, and annual FLVC updates are completed.
15. Serves as primary liaison with NC-SARA and FL-SARA, including
administering and developing reports and actions to ensure
continuing membership and compliance.
16. Implements and maintains software systems that administer
Student Course Evaluations as determined by academic
17. Embraces and fosters an environment that supports the College's
18. Attends scheduled administrative meetings and serves on college
committees as appropriate.
19. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated
Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College
Policy that governs the educational process.
20. Makes oneself available to all members of the faculty and
21. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university. Doctorate
- Five or more years of experience directly related to faculty
professional development, online learning, and activities
furthering instructional excellence.
- Demonstrated experience of effective communication, strong
interpersonal skills, leadership, and collaboration.
- Proven ability to develop initiatives that can be effectively
implemented and scaled.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pedagogies, learning management
systems, and instructional technologies.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Three or more years of experience training, supervising, and
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s
Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property
of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran
preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you
have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings
and employment reference checks.
Bradenton, Venice, Lakewood Ranch
Work Hours From:
Work Hours To:
Total Hours Per Week:
Requested Start Date:
$64,529.00 - $101,956.00
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://employment.scf.edu/postings/4607
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate
on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national
origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic
information or sexual orientation in any of its educational
programs, services and activities, including admission and
employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies
to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL