Adjunct Faculty for Computerized Tomography and Magnetic Resonance
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track
Hiring Salary Range
Salary Commensurate with Education and Experience
Job Description Summary
The instructor is responsible for the coordination, planning,
preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction
and related activities during the day, evening, or weekend via
instructional delivery formats to include face-to-face, hybrid,
online, and remote. Face-to-face and hybrid classes may be offered
on any Prince George’s Community College campus. The instructor
must remain current in the discipline area and continually explore
teaching methods and strategies to engage learners, organize and
plan instructional content that accommodates diverse learning
styles, and devise appropriate assessment tools that monitor
student learning outcomes. The instructor is also responsible for
participating in related activities to include professional
development, academic advising, curriculum design.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree with a minimum of two full time years of
clinical experience in diagnostic Computed Tomography or Magnetic
Resonance Imaging .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of two years of recent teaching
experience, clinical experience in diagnostic Computed Tomography
and Magnetic Resonance.
- Degrees are applicable only if earned at accredited
institutions and verified with official transcripts.
- Ability to teach remotely and Online
- Technology skills and computer literacy
- Critical thinking, and conflict management skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Research skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Planning and organizational skills
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Plan, organize, and teach curriculum content in conjunction
with course outcomes.
- Using applicable technology and pedagogical principles, teach
course content via an appropriate delivery format to include
face-to-face, hybrid, online, and remote instruction.
- Complete mandated institutional trainings and professional
development trainings related to content discipline and
- Facilitate appropriate instructional activities that promote
student engagement and learning.
- Evaluate student performance using assessment tools that align
with established course objectives and outcomes.
- Create and administer assessments that monitor student progress
and provide timely student feedback.
- Provide an orientation at the first-class meeting to include an
overview of the course syllabus. The overview should include an
outline of course objectives, requirements, attendance policy,
grading system, textbook(s), and supplemental materials.
- Notify students of key academic dates and course adjustments,
maintain an up-to-date, electronic grade book, and enter final
grades by the established due date.
- Maintain accurate records and submit class records (as
appropriate) to the Department Chair or Program Coordinator by the
established due date, and participate in the departmental
evaluation and course assessment process.
- Maintain office hours, advise students, and refer students to
- Adjunct faculty are expected to respond to student emails and
phone calls within 48 hours with the exception of weekends and
holidays. Faculty are expected to maintain regular communication
with students and should exclusively use the assigned PGCC
- Attend all required meetings.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Department Chair,
Program Coordinator, or designee.
Must have the use of sensory
skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other
employees and the public through the use of the telephone and
personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read,
talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical
capability to effectively use and operate various items of office
related equipment, such as, but not limited to a, personal
computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. No significant
climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive
AREA SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Information provided based on the area discipline –
discipline specific credentials and/or education are listed
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?
- Proof of current ARRT (CT), ARRT (MR), NMTCB (CT) and/or ARMRIT
- Proof of current Maryland license in radiography and/or nuclear
- Design, assess and execute didactic Computed Tomography and/or
Magnetic Resonance courses in a variety of formats including
face-to-face, hybrid and online.
- Coordinate student clinical assignments at affiliate hospitals
and imaging facilities.
- Initiate, grow and maintain affiliations with imaging
departments to provide clinical experiences for students.
- Assess student performance in didactic and clinical
- Support radiography and nuclear medicine technology programs,
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its
students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the
College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students,
faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID -19 or tested
for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be
required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety
protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions
related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and
requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu .
Prince George’s Community College is committed to
providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background
investigations for applicants being considered for employment.
Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal
history record check, education verification, and when appropriate,
a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least an associate's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of two full time years of clinical
experience in diagnostic Computed Tomography or Magnetic Resonance
- * Are you currently registered by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Magnetic Resonance Imaging?
- * Do you have a current Maryland license in radiography and/or
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type