The Director for the Center for Student Engagement and Leadership
(CSEL) reports to the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Student
Affairs. The individual will be responsible for supervising and
overseeing the staff and students in the CSEL department. The
individual must know how to manage a budget as well as have some
knowledge in grant writing.
Minimum Required Education:
Master's degree in Student Personnel Administration or related
academic field of study.
- The ability to write or understand the concept of grant
- Must be able to plan, develop and implement activities that
fulfill the CSEL department.
- Ability to use sound judgment in interactions with students and
in making decisions.
- Successful demonstration to supervise personnel in a timely and
- Ability to analyze and apply student development theories and
practices and current trends in the areas of student activities and
programs, student leadership, and development.
Job Duties and
- Supervise the daily functions of the Center for Student
Engagement & Leadership Department.
- Plan, implement, supervise and carry out the vision of the
Division/University with student and campus wide-activities.
- Coordinate with CSEL staff to organize and supervise all
- Approve student activities and events and provide bi-weekly
reports to the AVP.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for the CSEL department.
- Plan, coordinate and implement Welcome Week, and Fall and
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals for student clubs and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and
- Be able to participate in planning and develop measurable goals
and objectives that reflect the institution's pillars of
student-centeredness, teamwork & collegiality, and pursuit of
- Have the ability to implement the Division's Leadership focus:
boundaries, order, and structure.
- Be able to develop and implement programs and activities that
will help JSU students grow: personally, professionally, and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, faculty, staff, and external and
internal campus partners.
- Work closely with Student Government Association (SGA) and
Campus Activities Board (CAB) advisors and boards in planning
programs, activities, procedural manuals, and constitutions.
- Coordinate with sponsors and student leadership to organize and
create new clubs, organizations, and activities as seen fit.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the AVP for Student