Saint Joseph’s University
Visiting Assistant Professor, Educational
The Department of Educational Leadership at Saint Joseph’s
University in Philadelphia, PA invites applications for a Visiting
Assistant Professor with expertise in K-12 Leadership for the
2022-2023 academic year. Candidates should desire the opportunity
to work with department colleagues to build a vibrant and
sustainable program of study within the context of a Jesuit
Institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts education.
Along with your application, please submit the following items
to be considered:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest describing your area of
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of doctoral studies
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy that includes DEI
- Example syllabi of previous graduate or doctoral courses
- Complete contact information for three references
Duties and Responsibilities:
Visiting Assistant Professor positions in Educational Leadership
at SJU require teaching 4 graduate/doctoral courses each semester
(8 courses total taught in fall and spring). However, this current
position will direct the Educational Leadership and Administration
master’s program, a secondary appointment. This service provides
one course reduction per semester (2 courses total for fall and
spring). Duties for this position include service to the
department, leading accreditation for certification programs,
helping with marketing and recruitment at the graduate level,
representing the department/program in schools and professional
forums, and chairing dissertation committees.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work
Teaching in-person and Hyflex courses when needed, in-person
attendance to department meetings and other program events, and 1-2
days per week of office time.
- Doctoral degree in Educational Leadership or related
- PA (or state equivalent) Principal, Supervisor of Curriculum
and Instruction or Supervisor of Special Education
- Five years of experience in school administration.
- Experience teaching graduate level courses
- Expertise/experience teaching courses offered by our
Educational Leadership and Administration program (EDLA) or our
Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program for Educational Leaders
- Experience with CAEP accreditation process.
- Experience serving and/or willingness to serve on doctoral
- Experience supervising fieldwork for educational leaders.
- Commitment to equity and social justice.
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of
application/interest and resume. For a complete description of
position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit
institution and expects members of its community to be
knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to
that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that
seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse