UMSL College of Nursing
Leads in the strategic planning and implementation for student
services and alumni affairs in support of the mission of the
College of Nursing. Areas of responsibility include student
recruitment, enrollment, retention, alumni engagement, and
fostering faculty development to enhance student success. Teaches a
course in any program each semester.
The responsibilities of this position include:
1. Leads and supervises the planning, organizing, directing,
staffing, coordinating, and oversight for programs and policies of
the student services function of the College, including
recruitment, enrollment, registration, student development and
retention, events, and graduation activities.
2. Collaborates with UMSL Academic Affairs and enrollment
management leaders on campus to promote a comprehensive, integrated
approach toward enhancing and improving the recruitment, retention
and completion rates of nursing students across all programs.
3. Collaborates with the dean, executive directors and directors of
academic programs, faculty and staff in fostering undergraduate and
graduate nursing student recruitment and retention.
4. Oversees development and implementation of overall college
marketing plan, leveraging use of all media to increase engagement
with prospective and current students and alumni.
5. Collaborates with the UMSL Office of Alumni Engagement to foster
6. Works with the Student Affairs staff across campus, student
groups and other members of the college community to assure student
integration with the academic life of the institution and
encouraging students’ personal growth.
7. Develops a culture that supports student achievement and
8. Recommends budgets and other resources to support student
services and alumni engagement.
9. Seeks and facilitates extramural funding to support student
10. Prepares reports related to student recruitment, enrollment,
and retention and alumni engagement within the College of
11. Represents the dean at designated campus, community, and
12. Analyzes institutional data regarding student progress and
13. Teaches at least one course each semester in any program to
stay connected with the educational climate.
The successful candidate will possess the following
- Terminal degree in nursing or higher education
- Evidence of skills collaborating with interprofessional
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in analyzing statistical data relative to student
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Evidence of success in securing funding for projects
Application materials should include a letter of interest,
curriculum vita (CV), and list of at least three (3) contacts who
can provide a letter of recommendation.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The
University will not sponsor applicants in this position for
The University of Missouri - St. Louis offers benefit-eligible
employees a wide variety of benefits including: health, dental and
vision coverage effective on the first day of employment,
retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance for employees and
their dependents and employee and dependent life insurance. For
more information about our benefits, please visit:
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links: