Posted: May 11, 2022; reposted to public 6/7/22
Level: Administrator IV (SUOAF)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on
Thursday, July 7, 2022
**This position is not remote**
Anticipated Start Date:
Assess and improve existing and new institutional research
databases to enhance quality and availability of data in addition
to providing support with all manner of data preparation,
extraction and manipulation for analytics initiatives. Assess the
current state of data repositories, work collaboratively to make
corrections and improvements and contribute to Institutional
Bachelor's degree in in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer
Science, Statistics or related field. Minimum four (4) years of
professional employment as a systems analyst or developer that
demonstrates progressive responsibility in database management,
data warehousing, reporting, and associated programming
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with
analysis of processes and problems, information flow and
- Experience developing and improving data models.
- Experience querying and retrieving information from large
databases, working with relational databases.
- Highly proficient in SQL development and database tools.
- Experience with ETL tools and database security
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve a complex common
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while
consistently meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and
accuracy of work.
- Self-motivated. Eager to learn and contribute while meeting
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are
encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and
experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this
position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the
degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
Example of Job Duties:
- Oracle SQL knowledge preferred.
- Experience with various Ellucian campus technology
- Experience with higher education data and context.
- Hands-on experience with a currently supported version of
Oracle RDBMS and fluency in PL/SQL development tools such as
- Experience with one or more programming languages: SQR, C/C++,
C#, ProC, Java, Python and/or Perl.
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, Python, Stata, Tableau.
- Experience with System Integration methodology.
- Assess and improve existing and new institutional research
databases to enhance quality and availability of data.
- Collaborate with Information Technology, end users and key
stakeholders in the development and implementation of data
architecture and standards in support of CSCU’s long-term strategic
- Determine and document how data repositories can be aligned and
- Evaluate quality of data in current repositories to identify
gaps and inconsistencies for correction.
- Assess accuracy and troubleshoots data inconsistencies between
data extracts from and to student information system repositories,
provide documentation to guide end users to clean and maintain
data, update or develop code as necessary.
- Develop linkages to and between new data sources.
- Provide support for data integration of third-party interfaces
utilizing web API’s and/or flat files.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and write
specifications to guide system development including the design of
data models for a system-wide data warehouse.
- Coordinate with staff at all CSCU institutions to further data
- Participate in data governance activities and workgroups as
- Access data from Banner Enterprise System, Oracle data
repositories and other data systems.
- Extract and prepare data to fulfill requests. Conduct analysis
and write reports.
- Assist department with institutional research
- Assist in support and training of end users; provide user
assistance and direction for self-service reporting tools; create
user guides and facilitate data literacy of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other staff members to cross-train as
necessary and support a cooperative work environment.
- Operate as team member both at the system and institution
level; Serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties related to those above which do not alter
the basic responsibility of the position.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is
not limited to the full duties and responsibilities that is stated
within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
$68,581-109,472 (subject to change pursuant to union contract)
annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement,
and related fringe benefits.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well,
protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future.
Benefits include generous leave policies;
several retirement plans
; and many choices for comprehensive health insurance
You also have access to many additional benefits to save for
retirement, protect your family & more with supplemental
Tuition reimbursement may apply if applicable.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date
will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes
are not acceptable.
Following the closing date, application materials will be evaluated
by a selection committee. Candidates selected for further
consideration will be limited to those applicants who are best
qualified based on the minimum and preferred qualifications and who
have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and
time listed on the job announcement. Candidates who have been
selected and approved to Interview will be contacted, and finalists
will be recommended for further consideration by the Hiring Manager
for final selection and recommendation for employment.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship
or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and
Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background
check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community.
Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal
history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit)
report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious
creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin,
marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental
disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino
Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F