The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
IT Support Technician I
The Systems Support Technician provides primary level 1 Help Desk
services to students, faculty, and staff in response to user
generated tickets in a prompt, thorough and courteous fashion.
Support includes specification, installation and testing of
computer systems and peripherals within established standards and
guidelines. The Systems Support Technician supports classroom and
video conferencing technology and provides training to faculty and
staff in the use of classroom equipment. Activities require
interaction with application software and operating systems to
diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. This position
utilizes one-on-one or remote consultancy to end users. Receives
guidance and direction from the Senior Multi-Media and Systems
Technician and the Customer Support Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installs, configures and maintains computer equipment,
peripherals and software in USA classrooms.
• Responds to, updates and closes user generated tickets; partners
with Help Desk and Systems Operations staff as appropriate to
determine and resolve problems received from end users; documents
all help-desk activity in SysAid.
• Ensures classroom computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse
systems including file servers, email servers, video conferencing
systems, application servers and administrative systems.
• Initiates video conferencing sessions for students, faculty and
• Performs classroom AV set-up, configuration and dismantle.
• Orients faculty and staff in the use of classroom technology in
accordance with department processes.
• Identifies, recommend and/or performs system/software upgrades as
• Take inbound Support calls and service issue calls, transfer
users to appropriate resources.
• Monitors the USAHS Help desk for new tickets and helps to assign
to the correct support resource.
• Instructs the students on how to use the online tools and help
familiarize them with the online environment.
• Collaborates and assists other support team members with creating
documentation necessary for the organization.
• Assist vendors with networking copier equipment.
• Maintains Computer lab equipment
• Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate
to determine and resolve problems received from end users.
• Follows University’s core values.
• Supports and demonstrates student-centered behaviors.
• Upholds University’s professional ethics and integrity
• Keeps abreast of state-of-the art developments through attendance
at professional meetings and seminars and literature.
• Other related duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Manager, IT Help Desk
Positions Supervised: None
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma, college preferred.
• Experience in IT support environment is beneficial.
• Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory is
• CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft product suite; Microsoft
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to
interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty,
staff and students as well as external constituencies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least
minimum liability insurance required by State.
• Ability to travel within the United States as necessary.
• Ability to work evenings.
TRAVEL - None
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives.
• Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
• Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough
• Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to
• Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The
employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national