Supports the daily administrative functions in the Office of Equity
and Inclusion working in collaboration with the Vice President of
Equity and Inclusion. Supports the values and mission of the office
by creating a welcoming inclusive office environment for faculty,
staff, students, alumni and external members of the
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties involve preparing correspondence, memos and reports for
the Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, maintaining
appointment calendars, scheduling various meetings, screening of
phone calls, and responding by mail, phone or email to routine
inquiries, maintaining files and ordering of needed supplies.
- Prepares and distributes minutes, correspondences and related
paperwork for various committees and meetings lead by the VPEI
- Researches projects and gathers data as needed by the Vice
- Tracks expenses of budgets administered by the Office of Equity
- Supports in the staffing of special events and programs being
sponsored by the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
- Works cooperatively across all academic and administrative
offices across the university.
- Coordinates logistics for special events, trainings and
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous
- Supports mission, vision and values of Elmhurst
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school completion.
- Three to five years previous administrative experience.
- High organizational ability.
- Ability to prioritize, be a problem solver, be proactive, and a
productive member of the team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty,
staff, alumni and external stakeholders.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and mature sense of
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- 3-4 years experience supporting a senior level executive.
- Prior exposure to racially, culturally and ethnically diverse
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to engage new
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move object. Occasional evening and weekend
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting