The Assistant Director, Student Engagement is one of the
foundation’s front-line employees for our student facing
initiatives. Their role in the process of creating a strong,
long-term pipeline for students to be involved as alumni is
essential as they interact with future alumni on a weekly, if not
daily basis. In addition, this person will assist in overseeing the
Boilermaker Station Welcome Center, where they will come across
thousands of students, alumni, and guests each year. This specific
interaction is key to recruiting volunteers and engaged
- As part of the Engagement Team, create meaningful and
intentional touch points with Purdue alumni, students, and friends
which lead to staying connected, getting involved, and giving
- Develop a long-term student engagement plan that leads to
long-term alumni engagement.
- Recruit alumni volunteers to participate in student programs as
mentors, speakers, panelists, or other volunteer roles.
- Assist with other engagement and development activities as
- Track program metrics and constituent data such as event
attendance and contact information.
- Assist the senior director in overseeing the Boilermaker
Station Welcome Center, including oversight of the student
Purdue Alumni Student Experience (PASE)
- Execute programs and membership sales for Purdue Alumni Student
Experience (PASE), the largest student organization at Purdue with
over 7,000 members.
- Advise the PASE Board of Directors in planning events,
programs, and managing social outreach.
- Assist student board members with the social media platforms
for PASE (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), while collaborating with
the Foundation’s marketing and communications team.
- Develop processes and materials to train board members on
leadership, program development, marketing and communications, and
- Lead the membership sales process for PASE – create and
implement a marketing strategy, sales process, and organize
membership kit distributions.
- Create meaningful engagement opportunities for graduating
students in their final year that encourage a strong relationship
with Purdue after graduation.
- Lead the efforts for Senior Week and Send-Off that occur in the
fall and spring.
- Work with other areas of the Engagement Team to create
pipelines to alumni involvement for students after they
- Utilizing Purdue Ties, our mentoring platform provided by
Graduway, create and manage two mentoring programs that connect
alumni and students.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to maintain an
- Manage relationships between the Foundation and campus and
- Knowledge of student development theory
- Volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Familiar with social media engagement tactics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Microsoft Office experience
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Student advising on a programming board
- Alumni relations and engagement experience
- Recruitment and/or sales experience
- Volunteer management
- Campus programming, specifically as it pertains to networking
and professional development
- Leadership development and programming
- Experience in event planning
If you are interested in applying, please click here to begin
the process: https://www.applyatprf.com.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance
test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in
all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the
basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other
relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for
employment will receive consideration without regard to race,
religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic
information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a