Friday, July 01, 2022
Salary is $74,551.68. Compensation package is comprised of many
college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Executive Managerial, Pay Grade EM5 , Exempt.
Northwest Campus, 3000 N.W. 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a
comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s
degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in
Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and
Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate
climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural
events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and
Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls
over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60%
of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
Santa Fe College’s Academy of Science and Technology (SFCAST)
will be a charter high school opening in Fall of 2023. In the
Academy of Science and Technology, students will earn their A.S.
degree and at least two industry certifications, while also
completing their high school graduation requirements. This is done
at no cost to the students or their families. SFCAST’s mission will
be to ensure every student has access to a free, authentic,
innovative, and individualized education that will help them
recognize their potential and reach their goals while bridging high
school, college, and career paths. Through its innovative vision,
SFCAST will provide all students with the tools needed to be
successful in the 21st century workforce through academic
excellence and technical training. The charter high school will
also help the students create a strong partnership with Santa Fe
College and local industry leaders.
The Principal serves as the instructional leader of the
College’s Academy of Science and Technology (SFCAST) working in
collaboration with the college administration. This position is
responsible for developing a coherent system of curriculum,
instruction and assessment that promotes the mission and vision of
the school while striving to create a culture of safe learning and
academic excellence and is also responsible for successfully
managing the charter school’s operations.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Provide leadership and direction to staff.
- Supervise and monitor all instructional practices, including
coaching and mentoring of faculty and staff directly and through
- Supervise scheduling, enrollment, and curriculum.
- Ensure proper budgeting, accounting, auditing, and financial
- Monitor comparative and longitudinal student academic
- Ensure compliance with all safety, licensing, funding, and
- Direct, coordinate, and administer all school organizational
- Manage day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate with the college, charter school sponsor, and
industry partners to meet the program goals of allowing students to
achieve a high school diploma, AS degree, and a minimum of two
- Promote a culture of caring and success and provide a safe
learning and working environment.
Required: Master’s Degree,
5 years of related K-12 work experience that includes work at the
Additional Requirements: A criminal
background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Florida K-12
certification in Educational Leadership, and in School
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively handle confidential and proprietary
- Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Ability to remain calm, exercise good judgment, respond
swiftly, effectively, and appropriately to emergency and high
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
- Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze
information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures,
collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts,
identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the
interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop
recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select
appropriate course, follow up, and evaluate.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgment - able to make well-reasoned,
sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review
and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
- Independent work - able to work independently with limited
supervision and able to self motivate.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial,
high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in
selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining
a highly motivated workforce.
- Multi-task - able to expeditiously organize, coordinate,
manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to
swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action,
and apply the appropriate response.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues,
determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and
following through with implementing resolutions.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level
of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
Application Process: All
applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a
letter of intent, an up-to-date resume/curriculum vitae, as well as
academic transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial
transcripts are only accepted for review purposes,
official transcripts are required prior to any
offer of employment being made.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and
educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member
of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied
the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college
program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national
origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status.
This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to
the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission,
applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns
about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual
harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines
and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of