JOB SUMMARY :
Reporting to the Director of Career Development, the Graduate
Assistant position is a rotational position, that allows the
graduate assistant to engage with all aspects of the Center for
Career Development. The graduate assistant will spend roughly 1/3
of their time with the Director, 1/3 with the Associate Director,
and 1/3 with the Career Coordinator. In addition to the
rotational component, the graduate assistant will help with social
media and various special projects within the Career
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop and maintain a social media presence for the Center for
- Shadow and assist members of the Center for Career Development
and assist with special projects.
- Assist in planning programs and events such as workshops,
career fairs, alumni talks, and networking events.
- Develop promotional materials and marketing for Career
Development programs, resources, and events.
- Help revise and enhance existing career development resources
and create new ones, such as student newsletters, weekly
announcements, industry-oriented guides, and student career
profiles and interviews.
- Assist in development of The Center for Career Development
- Other duties and projects as needed and based on graduate
- A strong desire to learn about all elements of career
development including counseling, programming, and employer
- Independence and flexibility. We are a small team, and this
will require graduate assistants to take initiative and be open to
taking on a variety of projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
students, faculty, staff, and employers representing various
disciplines and industries.
- Interest in working with students studying architecture, art,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree and an interest in
career development, higher education, and student development.
- Enrollment in a graduate program in the New York City metro
area is required.
- Experience and/or interest with engineering, architecture, and
the arts industries is a plus
COMPENSATION AND HOURS:
- This Graduate Assistant position works 15 hours per week August
15, 2022 – December 23, 2022, and January 9, 2023 – May 12,
- The hourly rate is $25 per hour ($6750 for the fall term; $6750
for the spring term; total stipend of $13,500).
- Work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual.
- Exact hours and schedule to be determined based on Graduate
Assistant’s availability and Cooper Union’s needs.
This is a non-union position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.