Assistant or Associate Professor &
Director of Choral Activities
Faculty of Culture, Language, and Performing Arts
Open until filled; review of applications will begin
September 15th, 2022
- Required qualifications: doctorate in choral conducting; record
of successful college-level teaching and demonstrated success in
choral ensemble direction.
- Preferred qualifications: experience teaching voice lessons in
classical, musical theatre, and CCM styles; experience with
students of diverse cultures, and commitment to culturally diverse
- The individual should be completely committed to helping
prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the
Church throughout the world, with a particular emphasis on
the Asia-Pacific region. Brigham Young University–Hawaii gives
preference to women and men whose background and/or experiences
mirror the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire
qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized
under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach 24-30 credit hours per year over three semesters
including choirs and individual voice instruction.
- Scholarship/creative endeavor, ongoing professional
development, and university service are required.
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty
Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time
Procedures: Please complete and
submit the following application materials using our online portal.
Incomplete applications will not be
Official BYU-Hawaii online application
form. A letter of application and current
curriculum vitae. The “Fit Statement” (separate from the
application letter): Response to the following question as a
separate statement “Why do you consider yourself to be a good
fit for BYU-Hawaii?” Three letters of recommendation written
specifically for this position. Letter writers must include their
names, addresses, and telephone numbers and send their letters via
our online portal when prompted. Their contact information will be
entered by you when you submit the online application.
Official (unofficial OK at early stage of review) transcript
from the institution where last degree was received. Electronic or
scanned copies (as long as the Registrar’s seal is evident) should
be included with other application documents.
Optional - A link to a 10-minute (minimum) teaching video posted
Fall Semester, 2023
Office of Associate Academic Vice
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
* More information may be requested as you progress through the