Supports the Vice President of Human Resources and
Organizational Development and the daily operations of the Office.
Performs administrative functions for the department including
maintenance of budget and filing systems; prepares letters and
correspondence, creates reports, maintains accurate records, greets
visitors and processes mail.
- Serves as the first point of contact for employees, applicants,
and visitors and is responsible for facilitating incoming and
outgoing communications for the
- Provides administrative support for the office; maintains the
master calendar by coordinating department email inbox, all
meetings, schedules, food service and travel arrangements as
needed. Monitors departmental budget expenditures and transfers
- Orders/requisitions office supplies, equipment and services;
manages supplies and equipment inventory for the office.
- Uses College and HRIS platforms to perform office operations,
such as processing purchase requisitions, keeping time, and
- Maintains accurate files, spreadsheets, records, mailing lists
and any other department specific data in electronic or physical
- Understands the processes facilitated through the Human
Resources, Benefits and Payroll offices and can provide general
support to staff members who come with questions.
- Assists with the auditing of all insurance billing by
coordinating with the benefits and payroll offices.
- Supports applicant tracking and dissemination of information to
- Performs general word processing duties utilizing intermediate
to advanced-level functions.
- Independently works to communicate across multiple departments
to coordinate onboarding processes and procedures and ensure
employees are onboarded consistently.
- Supports Human Resources and Organizational Development
division to ensure continuation of services in the absence of team
- Assists with research and preparation of materials for various
purposes, including the Board of Trustees’ meetings, college-wide
committees and college-wide
- Supports the Vice President and Associate/Assistant Directors
when planning for negotiations meetings.
- Supports an inclusive environment and works with a diverse
- Models excellence in service to the College community
- Performs additional tasks or duties as
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual Salary in range of $50,000 - $55,000.
- NJ Educators Health Plan with free Vision and Dental. NJ State
- 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, 4 personal days, 2 floating
holidays, all designated holidays and 5 non-designated holidays for
a total of 52 days a year. 3 Partial Sick Days.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities for staff and their family
6 months after hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the candidate must be able to
connect with people from various backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay attention
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (a) demonstrates understanding
of the community college mission and practices an open-door policy;
(b) must display a positive and professional demeanor focused on
achieving excellent customer service at all times.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related work experience; Human
Resources background a plus.