Associate Director, Athletics Compliance/SWA
This position is responsible for ensuring all coaches and staff
stay in compliance with NCAA and MIAA rules, requirements and
deadlines. This position also manages the Athletics Department
scholarship awards to ensure proper disbursement, equivalencies
awarded and line item budgets, is the staff liaison for the Student
Athlete Advisory Commit, and serves as the Senior Woman
Administrator for the Athletics Department.
Essential Job Functions of Position
Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
1. Notify staff and coaches of NCAA and MIAA compliance deadlines
and rule changes to ensure compliance with all requirements.
2. Provide training and rule interpretation for coaches and staff
to ensure understanding of and compliance with NCAA rules.
3. Complete and submit NCAA compliance forms and reports, reviewing
and verifying information to ensure accuracy, and calendaring
deadlines to ensure timeliness.
4. Work with coaches and athletes to develop eligibility appeals
and submit completed appeals to the NCAA for review and
5. Work with the NCAA and MIAA to respond to and resolve infraction
6. Compile and review semester grade reports to verify eligibility
for all athletes and provide copies to coaches as necessary to
assist in athlete mentoring.
7. Work with coaches as needed to complete and submit certification
forms to the NCAA as required for off-campus recruiting
Management of Athlete National Letter of Intent ( NLI ) forms and
Athletic Department scholarships:
1. Work with coaches to complete student-athlete NLI forms
2. Work with WU Financial Aid, Business Office, and Foundation to
ensure student-athlete and Graduate Assistant scholarships are
3. Monitor scholarship awards to ensure each sport stays within
allowed equivalencies and scholarship budget.
Athletic Game Day and Event Coordination
1. Assist with home game day activities to ensure athletic contests
run smoothly, and safely and are in compliance with University,
Conference and NCAA requirements.
2. Serve as game-day administrator for Soccer, Softball, and other
sports as needed.
3. Attend Athletic events to establish a WU presence and to address
any issues that may arise to ensure they are resolved quickly and
4. Work with other Athletic Staff members to develop bids to the
NCAA for hosting regional and national athletic competitions
5. Assist with other Athletic events as needed.
Serve as the Department liaison for the Student-Athlete Advisory
Serve as the Senior Woman Administrator for the Athletics
Assist with Campus Relations:
1. Establish and nurture campus liaisons to facilitate
accountability and communication between the Athletics Department
and other departments on campus (e.g. Financial Aid, Registrar,
Faculty Athlete Representative, etc.) and promote teamwork to
accomplish successful completion of interdepartmental activities
2. Work with Academic Advising and the First-Year Experience
coordinators to aid academic advising and progress, particularly
for incoming student-athletes.
Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Two years of experience with NCAA rules
Master’s degree. Three years of experience with NCAA rules
compliance. Experience as an NCAA rules compliance officer.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of NCAA and conference rules.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to
work as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Valid driver’s license with driving record that meets University
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
Regular Business Hours, Other - some nights and weekends
- After completing one year of service in a benefits-eligible
position, the University will contribute an amount equal to 10% of
base pay into an employee’s defined contribution plan with TIAA .
- After one year of continuous employment, eligible employees may
officially enroll in University courses for credit or audit without
paying applicable tuition and fees. Law School Courses
- For an overview of the excellent benefits package, Washburn
provides employees visit
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered
and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek
candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a
campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse
student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups
that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its
programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or marital or parental status.
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have at least two years of experience with the NCAA
- Cover Letter