Work Site Location:
Head Start Coeur d'Alene 2 positions
Work Schedule: These benefited positions are 75% full-time with
benefits over 12 months. Works July - June
North Idaho College does not have a vaccine requirement.
However, some departments and programs at NIC, including Head Start
and many of our nursing and health professions, are subject to
federal or local hospital vaccine requirements.
including PERSI pension retirement
In conjunction with the North Idaho
College Head Start mission, Five-Year Goals and in compliance with
all local, state and federal regulations the Assistant Teacher
under general direction assists the Classroom Teacher with
implementing a comprehensive child development program.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, staff, families and the
- Conduct classroom hours each week per center model.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, healthy, and organized
- Participate in ensuring active supervision of all children in
- Assist in planning, preparation and implementing classroom
curriculum and learning experiences, with the classroom team.
- Assist in screenings, assessments and goal setting for children
including collecting anecdotal records and portfolio entries, as
needed or required by center model.
- Support the development of relationships between children and
their families through involvement in the program.
- Support disability services in the classroom.
- Support individual children in meeting their basic
developmental needs, including, feeding and toileting
- Participate in professional development opportunities to ensure
up-to-date, quality services to children and families.
- In absence of Classroom Teacher, take the lead responsibility
for the classroom.
- Participate as part of the center team to ensure efficient
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Plan work time to meet the center operations schedule, knowing
that flexibility is required to meet the unique needs of the Head
Start program and its participants.
- Participate in internal and external committees, including but
not limited to, planning and/or operations committees and task
forces as directed by the program Director.
Level I: Have a CDA credential or a state-awarded certificate that
meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, are
enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate or
baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program
to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
Level II: Associate degree in Early Childhood Education, or Child
Experience as a staff or volunteer in a preschool classroom, with
preference given to Head Start experience.
Required License and/or Certifications
• Register with Idaho STARS and participate in the professional
• Maintain current Infant/child & Adult CPR and First
• Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment
• Pass an enhanced criminal background check including
fingerprinting, as required by Head Start Program Performance
Standards and Child Care Licensing requirements, prior to first day
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• The ability to work with families and children from diverse
ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Positive approach to Early Childhood Development programs, health
and social services.
• Working knowledge of commonly used computer software programs
including data collection systems.
• Demonstrate professional ethics and confidentiality. Represent
the Head Start program in the community and with other
professionals, positively and with professionalism.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background check and proof of degree if required for this
All application materials including resume, cover letter, and
unofficial transcripts must be uploaded and the application
completed prior to the close date
Advertised: June 03, 2022 Pacific Daylight