The Functional Analyst II is responsible for working with all
end users of the Student Administration System (SAS) to provide
daily operational support including any daily processing. Assists
with testing, troubleshooting and developing queries for university
constituents and provides support with PeopleSoft upgrades and the
testing of images released by Oracle. Works with users to develop
modification specifications and to setup functionality to assist
with daily operations. Also prepares training documentation and
- Troubleshoots and works with end users to help
streamline processes within the system.
- Integrates new process with existing ones, and coordinates
training requirements for end-users.
- Communicates and resolves issues with functional staff, and
coordinates programming requirements with technical staff.
Recommends and facilitates improvements to current policies and
- Responsible for complex system process analysis, design and
simulation as well as analysis and re-design of current
- Recommends testing strategies and acceptance criteria as well
as creates complex queries in support of the SEM Division.
- Tests existing and new functionality in campus solutions,
provides documentation, and training and performs related
duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM or a Math-intensive area.
- Two years of experience working in computer programming
or computer science.
- Two years of experience working with one or more of the
following areas: Admissions, Financial
Aid, Registrar/ Records or Advising/EAB/Navigate.
- Knowledge of business practices in Strategic Enrollment
processes (theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical,
technical or professional discipline).
- Knowledge of industry best practices related to security access
of systems, the University's business systems and State
of Texas regulations.
- Working knowledge of Strategic Enrollment Management
processes with development, maintenance, and utilization of
comprehensive and complex student information systems or systems
with a similar level of complexity.
- Demonstrated understanding of business analytics and project
management practices. Advanced knowledge and skills regarding the
use of Office 365 suite applications with a focus on Excel, Project
- Skills with query writing to extract information from
database tables. Working knowledge of using Statistical Analysis
tools like R, WebFocus or similar tools, Oracle Database
Management System or other relational database management
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, PL/SQL,
or similar SQL query tools and of creating and visualizing
reports using Tableau or similar data visualization tools.
- Ability to effectively translate data and business process
needs between end users, systems analysts and programmers.
Competency in the use of statistical tools, query tools, database
management, and applications software.
- Ability to design queries to extract data at the request of the
customer and maintain compliance with federal and UHS
- Ability to resolve PS and/or SLATE system questions for
- Skills in training and preparing documentation.
Four years of experience in one or more of the following:
computer programming, computer science or prior experience
with Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar/Records or
Notes to Applicant: Full-time position with benefits.
Background check required. To apply, please complete the online
application and attach a resume and a cover letter. Applications
without the required documents will be considered incomplete and