As a member of the Information Security Office, under the direction
of the University’s Information Security Officer, this position
develops, implements, and audits campus network and computing
security plans and policies. This position is responsible for the
operation and/or coordination of technical security controls to
protect University infrastructure and information. Monitors
internal and external data and metrics to identify and remediate
threats to University data and operations.
- Participate in development, implementation and auditing of
campus network and computing security plans and policies.
- Operate or coordinate operation of security systems, appliances
and other technical controls.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure the
protection of confidential and personal data.
- Develop plans to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Participate in resolution of campus IT security incidents.
- Implement necessary security procedures to protect network and
- Perform risk assessments and tests of systems to ensure proper
functioning of security measures.
- Identify new and emerging threats and risks and participate in
developing appropriate mitigations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
or related field required; degree in IT Security preferred.
- At least four years' related Information Technology experience
with security emphasis required; industry-recognized security
- Experience with industry standard security frameworks (CIS,
NIST, PCI, etc.) and developing and implementing information
security compliance plans and policies.
- Experience with handling IT security incidents and current
network security procedures.
- Knowledge of networking hardware and protocols, including Palo
Alto Firewall/VPN solutions and Cisco networking solutions
- Extensive experience with Linux, Mac OS, Windows, and mobile
- Experience securing cloud computing platforms including
Microsoft O365/Azure, AWS, Google Workspace/GCP, etc.
- Experience with EDR/XDR endpoint protection systems.
- Experience with SEIM and/or centralized logging management
- Experience in evaluation, installation, operation, and
maintenance of commercial and open-source cybersecurity
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise human relations
skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations
with students, employees, and University administration.
professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of
$70,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Desired
start date of August 1 or 16, 2022. Excellent benefits package
included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental,
vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life,
disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees
and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to
sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.utahtech.edu/employee-benefits/
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
June 17, 2022 ; position open until
Submit application materials (including
resume contents and contact information for three professional
references) and upload cover letter electronically. If, because of
a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to
apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Utah Tech University is an open,
inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution, committed to
exceptional student learning and success that has adopted an
instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a
culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and
staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented
learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911
as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, our
university is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red
rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and
featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational
opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120
miles), with amenities such as an international airport and
professional sporting teams.
Utah Tech University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of
higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230
programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. We seek to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. Utah Tech University is an
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and
employees of the University are fully committed to Affirmative
Action and within its programs and activities, including in
admissions and employment. Utah Tech does not discriminate or
tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by
University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or the University’s non-discrimination
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification.