Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community
college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites
applications for a full-time Instructor of Marine Technology to
begin August 2022.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the
discipline to share in the teaching secondary and post-secondary
students. Courses taught include Lower Units/Outdrives, Fuel &
Lubrication Systems, Electrical Diagnostics, Engines, Rigging,
Yamaha Marine, Service Operations, and Watercrafts.
The individual hired will:
• Provide instruction on performing minor and major repairs on
• Provide instruction on conducting regular preventative
maintenance on marine watercraft.
• Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop and boat
• Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with watercraft
and plan repairs.
• Perform regular diagnostic tests on water craft and provide
instruction in this area.
• Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on watercraft
and provide instruction.
• Take daily attendance of students and record attendance.
• Record grades and ability to assess student performance.
• Cultivate relationships with the advisory committee membership to
achieve department and college goals. Maintain relevant industry
curriculum with the establishment of program level outcomes for the
marine technology program with the guidance of the advisory
• Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual
program enrollment of at least 25 students.
• Work closely with the Dean of Career Education and Director of
Regional Career Center to achieve recruitment and program
• Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the marine
• Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and
carry them out effectively as well as follow written
• Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management,
and Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
• Maintain a safe learning environment in the lab/shop area.
• Safely operate a forklift and watercraft.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and
community engagement. Required
Education/Experience: Possess an Associate Degree in a
relevant field or working on obtaining degree and/or appropriate
Yamaha marine industry certifications with ability to obtain an
Associate Degree. Three to Five years work related experience.
Applicants for this position with ASU-Beebe must have work
authorization that does not now or in the future require
sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United
States and with ASU-Beebe such as H1-B, F-1 (CPT/OPT), TN or
any other status.