About Massachusetts College of Liberal
At MCLA, we're here for all - and focused on each - of our
students. As a 2021 Top Ten Public Liberal Arts College, classes
are taught by educators who care deeply about teaching, and about
seeing their students thrive on every level of their lives. Nearly
93% of our graduates land competitive jobs or are accepted by some
of the best grad schools in the country. We engage in the most
nationally relevant conversations by hosting some of the most
celebrated thinkers and speakers on our campus in the Berkshires of
Massachusetts, an area known for its mountain ranges, hiking
trails, and panoramic views. Our home town of North Adams is
brimming with creative energy and the regional economy is booming
as a result. In nearly every way possible, the experience at MCLA
is designed to elevate you as an individual, a leader, and a
communicator, fully empowered to make your impression on the
The SGA Program Assistant will add support to day and evening
programming initiatives for the clubs and organizations recognized
by the Student Government Association. Will work in coordination
with the Student Government Association Office Manager and be
directly supervised by the Director of Student Engagement.
Expected Duties include:
- Support the programming efforts, in person or online, of all
clubs and organizations under the Student Government Association
with varied hours in the office.
- Guide students through the college and SGA event paperwork
process and adhere to college policies.
- Create and administer event planning workshops to enhance
student programming for club members and officers for the academic
year and summer.
- Support programming efforts in the planning of, but not limited
to: weekend programming, destinations and travel, evening events,
Sam Gomez, Senior Days, New Student Orientation, College First Days
Program, College Family/Homecoming Weekend and Commencement.
- Collaborate with campus departments to create event
opportunities and connections.
- Support the programming efforts within the Student Affairs
Centers including IGE and MERC.
- Review contracts in preparation for approvals regarding
programming as appropriate.
- Advertise SGA and College events through the SGA website,
Events App, Social Media, Weekly Newsletters, digital monitors and
other tools that deliver college programming and event
- Additional duties may be assigned that relate to the mission of
Student Engagement work; within the context of Student Government
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least one academic year of direct experience within the
Student Activities field with event supervision, advising
co-curricular life programming boards and conducting student
leadership trainings is recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to collaborate effectively with campus community members
including: multicultural groups, students, faculty, staff,
administration, and the general public as well as outside
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at various levels of
completion and be able to work some evenings and weekends during
- Demonstrated commitment to service, co-curricular life, ability
to work independently, as well as within a team.
- Ability to use computer software for communication within our
community, word processing, desktop publishing, social media
outlets and website management.
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate supervision of evening
and weekend programs as needed.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position paying $16.00 per hour,
up to 18 hours/week. Position Runs August 15, 2022 through June 30.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of
nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational
programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies
with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing
equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the
campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.
Deadline for applications is June 24, 2022.
Interested candidates must apply electronically and should submit a
letter of interest and resume by clicking on the APPLY NOW button