Bennett College (the College) seeks an experienced manager to
direct the day-to-day Title III funded grants and contracts and
external sponsors’ grants and contracts. Under the supervision of
the President and Vice President for Business Operations and
Finance, the Director develops, monitors and enforces appropriate
policies and procedures for project implementation; effectively
collaborates with Title III Activity Directors, faculty, and staff
to achieve objectives; communicates an informed understanding of
Title III objectives to all constituencies of the College;
authorizes all expenditures & manage budgets; facilitates
development & implementation of an effective process to
evaluate and assess progress toward achievement of goals and
objectives; remains thoroughly informed regarding Title III
policies and grant terms & conditions; ensures adherence to all
applicable college, state and federal requirements; communicates
effectively and oversees preparation and submission of required
fiscal and annual reports to the U.S. Department of Education; and
works with administrators and faculty to institutionalize new
practices & improvements in federal and grantmaking workflow
processes and compliance with internal controls and legal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides overall supervision of Title III HBCU, FUTURE
and sponsored programs spending plans.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the College and the
Program Officer at the U.S. Department of Education.
- Remains current regarding Title III and U.S. Department of
Education policies, grant terms, and conditions; ensure project
compliance throughout grant period.
- Participates in professional development appropriate to the
functions of the position, including national Title III
meetings/conferences and Department of Education sponsored
- Provides Title III orientation, training, and technical
assistance to project activity directors, staff, faculty, and
College personnel to ensure all parties remain current on
regulations, policies, and best practices related to implementation
of the Title III Plan of Operation.
- Provides program and budgetary oversight of the Title III
- Ensures appropriate use of federal funds; manage budget;
maintain budget control.
- Approves expenditures.
- Reconciles monthly Time and Effort Allocation Reports and
advises required correction.
- Reconciles with the Division of Business Operations and Finance
authorized expenditures of Title III funds and sponsored program
- Researches, plans, analyzes, and organizes technical and/or
statistical information and develop data for use in briefing,
publications, and reports with input from the Director of
- Oversees program evaluation including the preparation and
submission of financial and technical reports for the U.S.
Department of Education and the College.
- Monitor sponsored and extramural grants for legal, financial,
and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that
grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and
- Maintains effective communication to inform the College
community and to ensure project congruence with institutional
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the College and
attend College events and meetings.
- Represents the College and serves as the primary point of
contact for the Title III project.
- Performs other duties appropriate to the position and College
QUALIFICAITONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Management and Leadership Skills:
- Subject knowledge of the grant lifecycle,
- An understanding of U.S. Department of Education policies,
grant terms, and conditions to ensure project compliance throughout
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience with managing complex processes.
- Project management and evaluation experience, particularly with
large scale projects.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing or having
responsibility over grants, including applying for grants,
monitoring compliance, and reporting activities.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality control.
- Experience with creating systems of accountability through
assessment, use of data, report production, or other methods.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and ability to
reconcile large transactional files.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills employing
- Data management experience, familiarity with data systems and
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Financial or business analysis skills.
- Budget and personnel management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring budgets in accordance
with applicable fiscal restraints and maintaining grant
Interpersonal and Team Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Professional, flexible and a can-do attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, grant
management, public policy, or related field.
- 3-5 years of successful grant writing, project planning and
delivery of federal, sponsored and/or extramural grants, and
- 3-5 years of campus wide programming in Higher Education
- Bachelor's Degree in administration, accounting, grant
management, higher education, or other directly related field with
relevant work experience, training, or other equivalent
qualifications will be considered.
The Bennett College Search Committee will begin reviewing and
evaluating applications as they are received and will continue to
accept and review credentials until the Director, Title III &
Sponsored Programs is selected.
Dr. Ronald L. Carter, of Carter & Associates, is assisting
with this search. Nominators and prospective applicants may contact
Ron Carter at Ronald.Carter@Bennett.edu or at (704) 930-6515.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a complete applicant packet,
which includes the following documents:
- online application for employment (found at
o click on “Quick
Links” at the top of the home page
o click on “Employment Opportunities”
o click on “Click Here to Apply” and follow the
The following are required documents to be attached to your
- Letter of Interest that directly links the applicant’s CV to
the general summary and essential job functions of this job
- Complete CV or resume.
- Names and contact information (telephone and email) for five
references, none of which will be contacted until a later stage of
the search or without the formal permission of the candidate.
- unofficial transcripts from every college and university
o official transcripts are required
if an offer of employment is accepted
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICANT PACKETS WILL BE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
E-Verify, an online program which is administered
through the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security
Administration, are used to verify employment
All inquiries and applications will be received and
evaluated in confidence.